Ackworth Steam Rally 2012

Me and the old man had a wander around Ackworth Steam Rally on Sunday morning, quite well laid out show with all the catering vans at the start (to purchase that much needed cup of tea), junk/tools stalls all over far left, arena in the middle and vehicles on the right. We took a few hours looking around the stalls, had a sausage buttie and a cuppa then a stroll around the vintage/historic vehicles. These are some of the lorries that caught my attention… enjoy

I’m sure this one has featured in a thread on here in the past…

This Foden looks like it’s just done a days work and come along to the show…

Another nice Foden, I pass their depot in Sherburn quite often…

Potatoes! What a lovely truck…

First time I’ve ever seen one of these, anyone got any info?

Once again a lovely old girl…

This Scammell started life as a unit, then it was converted to a wrecker and used at a coach company in Durham, now it pulls that caravan and has a compressor built on the back. It’s based in Durham all it’s life…

Nice pictures…ground conditions look soft…

it was a bit soft under foot, I bet it got tore up a bit when they all left.

The Rowe Hillmaster were made in Cornwall near Dobwalls I think, thats all I know
Ade

Was a good 2 days, fields dried up eventually and everybody got out ok. The white Foden tractor unit on the back of the wrecker is the only one left by all accounts, 50 were made, used to be on Heathrow in Shell livery.

I don’t suppose anyone took any photos of the red/maroon vintage Mack did they? it’s the one with all the chrome etc and those chrome bumper rod things with bulldogs on the top. Dad was taking some but I don’t thing he took the lense cap off the camera.

LeeJ,
There is a picture of a Red Mack on the thread TRANS PENNINE RUN 2012 (page 4). This wagon matches your description in every detail. I am convinced it is the one you are looking for.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hilltop4… your right ! this is the Mack in question. Has anyone got any more pics of it?