Acknowledgement from other drivers

Parked in Alconbury truck stop tonight and it seems from my 2 years away from doing nights out that don’t seem to want to acknowledge each other anymore.

When I was tramping before you always use to get an ‘alright mate’ or a passing smile…is it just me or have those days gone now and people are in too much of a rush to get back to the solitary confinement of their cab?

Dave

I don’t do nights out but I seem to always get an “alright” or a knowing nod from other drivers, maybe it was late and most drivers are knackered and just want to get some kip?

they may be scared of bumping in, “waiting room driver”
you know the bloke that once he starts, you can’t get rid of, “yeah they chalked my cab off at the rdc so i could have my daily rest on site, then i went off and painted the boat house doors.”

chilistrucker:
you know the bloke that once he starts, you can’t get rid of, “yeah they chalked my cab off at the rdc so i could have my daily rest on site, then i went off and painted the boat house doors.”

The type who want to have an engrosed conflab is ok if your not tired or like a chat for 2 hours…best way is keep walking…expecting a call mate see-ya , little white lie but doesnt hurt the fellas feelings.

I have noticed that you do get nods and occasional waves from other drivers, when overtaking and such…I think its nice to have a touch of camaraderie.

chilistrucker:

Lol I’ve met a few of them! “Vosa stopped me and I was going to be late for my booking at tesco so the police gave me a blue light ■■■■■■”

It must be nice in their little worlds!

Essexboy:
I don’t do nights out but I seem to always get an “alright” or a knowing nod from other drivers, maybe it was late and most drivers are knackered and just want to get some kip?

Don’t get me wrong it does happen sometimes, maybe everyone’s just had a mere of a day.

dpt2011:

chilistrucker:

Lol I’ve met a few of them! “Vosa stopped me and I was going to be late for my booking at tesco so the police gave me a blue light ■■■■■■”

It must be nice in their little worlds!

ha,ha. trouble is i think they tell the same old stories so many times, in the end they believe it themselves.

I was in Luton today doing a delivery to Iceland first thing this morning. Got 6 cages of the back for the shop and i heard this “Drive, want a cuppa” i turned with a shocked look on my face and said “Go on fella i could murder one”. Of he walks and minutes later he returns and gives me a cuppa. He was waiting to be unloaded himself, but the staff wasn’t there and i was only dropping off.

mickyblue:
I was in Luton today doing a delivery to Iceland first thing this morning. Got 6 cages of the back for the shop and i heard this “Drive, want a cuppa” i turned with a shocked look on my face and said “Go on fella i could murder one”. Of he walks and minutes later he returns and gives me a cuppa. He was waiting to be unloaded himself, but the staff wasn’t there and i was only dropping off.

It’s these little bouts of human kindness that make your day it’s just a shame they don’t happen everyday.

We do a lot of work for the MOD and while signing in at the gate house of a base the phone rang and it was the guy I was going to meet asking me if I wanted milk and sugar in my coffee cheered me right up after an early start on a cold morning. Hope it happens again mind I do like a free coffee on my travels :slight_smile:

Essexboy:

What he said…^

dpt2011:

mickyblue:

It’s these little bouts of human kindness that make your day it’s just a shame they don’t happen everyday.

We do a lot of work for the MOD and while signing in at the gate house of a base the phone rang and it was the guy I was going to meet asking me if I wanted milk and sugar in my coffee cheered me right up after an early start on a cold morning. Hope it happens again mind I do like a free coffee on my travels :slight_smile:

northerners are nice, Cockneys are CNUNTS :grimacing: :grimacing:

Fatboy slimslow:

dpt2011:

mickyblue:

No comment :smiley:

dpt2011:

mickyblue:

But if those things happened everyday they wouldn’t be special when they do happen.

Fatboy slimslow:

dpt2011:

mickyblue:

The artic driver was from Swindon and i am from London living in Peterborough, but i wasn’t born in East london

i remember when the intercity bus crashed on the m6 80s? burned to the ground ,loads killed .I was heading home after a while away got stuck on the m62 for half the day not moving and i had a bus alongside me for most of that time…anyway the driver opened the door and asked if i wanted a tea …hell hey ,later on i was touching cloth no prob used the toilet on the bus .(was only half a dozen folk on the bus.)gave the driver a carton o duty free for his kindness.
when finally got moving and trying to find a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ i got as far as the MSA north of crooklands and was able to park up…well i was near skint as i had spent my running money (thought i would get back that night) so i just bought a tea & a mars bar,sitting at a table and a driver from CCC sat down and we got talking after a while he got up as he was unloading up north in the morning .
woman came over wi a chips and pie and said the other driver bought it for me!!! :blush: :blush:
never forgot that act o kindness soo nowadays i believe in pass it on .
jimmy.