Accidents involving trucks

Britain’s roads are becoming a nightmare with accidents involving trucks,were supposed to be professional drivers but you just know when see motorway closed on the overheads a truck or trucks are going to be involved,today 5 trucks on the M6 manage to hit one another on a motorway where everyone is traveling in the same direction!!! Result thousands of people end up having there day screwed just because professional drivers screw up again,the same with the M40 lastnight or the M1 Leicester yesterday morning,its the mentality of ime not letting that car infront of me when there joining motorways that causes some of the accidents then rely on your camera to prove they were at fault,for forks sake what does 2 seconds make to your day? Absolutly nothing but when you hit him and cause the accident it makes a huge difference to everyone else’s day,you can bet your life that accident at sandbach could have been avoided today if just one driver had proved he was the professional he is suposed to be,instead one driver may loose a leg and 2 are in hospital,5 trucks off the road costing thousands to repair and thousands lost in late deliverys drivers running out of hours people missing meeting flights missed,holidays delayed,not to mention the stress!!! And it all could have been avoided!!! Think about it Monday when your 2ft away from the truck infront

You’re making a whole load of assumptions before any post mortems are carried out fella.

the maoster:
You’re making a whole load of assumptions before any post mortems are carried out fella.

Carry on driving like you do then, ime just trying to help you avoid being involved in these kind of accidents,5 trucks do not run into each other if they leave enough room for each other.

Woodpecker :unamused: :unamused:

Most accidents ‘could’ be avoided if someone had taken evasive action or driven differently. Most posts can be read easier if punctuation and paragraphs are used! :wink:

In an ideal world everyone would know how to join a motorway/dual carriageway via a slip road and everyone would also prepare for this and change lanes and drive accordingly :exclamation: Unfortunately there is ‘always 1’ who ■■■■■ this up and they are often the ones that cause the accident, totally ignorant of this continuing driving forward.

Many times I see someone do something stupid on the road and then see the mayhem/chaos/near collisions that follow. It is only my higher vision advantage that I am not involved.

Don’t feed the trolls.

ckm1981:
Don’t feed the trolls.

Who are you calling a troll?

Woodpecker1:

ckm1981:
Don’t feed the trolls.

:open_mouth: :question: :exclamation:

ckm1981:

Woodpecker1:

ckm1981:
Don’t feed the trolls.

Richard!!!

Woodpecker1:

ckm1981:

Woodpecker1:

ckm1981:
Don’t feed the trolls.

Richard!!!

:unamused:

Woodpecker1:

the maoster:

Carry on driving like you do then, ime just trying to help you avoid being involved in these kind of accidents,5 trucks do not run into each other if they leave enough room for each other.

Again another assumption. How the F do you know how I drive? As for you trying to help me being involved, err, thanks but no thanks, the day I take advice from someone who’s great with a keyboard but bad with an ignition key is the day I retire.

I think one of the biggest problems is drivers being too lazy or too stupid to knock the cruise control off when the road or traffic conditions call for it to be off!! Leading them to them not being in full control of their vehicle.

I nearly had an accident today on the m1 through the roadworks. A car in lane 1 decided they wanted to be in lane 2. I was in lane 2 overtaking a line of cars. They pulled into my braking space, without indicating, then braked! I managed to slow down and avoided an accident. I showed my displeasure at his moronic driving by flashing my lights at him, and recieved the old coffee shaker in return.
Now, if there had been a collision as a result of my avoidance action, who would have been at fault?
Most lorry drivers ARE professional, but we operate among a lot of people who aren’t!

ckm1981:
Don’t feed the trolls.

So, why is it wrong to come on a truck driving forum and slate the crap in this industry, I think if their employers saw how they drove their trucks, they would soon be out of a job!

the maoster:

Woodpecker1:

the maoster:

Again another assumption. How the F do you know how I drive? As for you trying to help me being involved, err, thanks but no thanks, the day I take advice from someone who’s great with a keyboard but bad with an ignition key is the day I retire.

I don’t think the original post was directly aimed at you.

Woodpecker1:
Britain’s roads are becoming a nightmare with accidents involving trucks,were supposed to be professional drivers but you just know when see motorway closed on the overheads a truck or trucks are going to be involved,today 5 trucks on the M6 manage to hit one another on a motorway where everyone is traveling in the same direction!!! Result thousands of people end up having there day screwed just because professional drivers screw up again,the same with the M40 lastnight or the M1 Leicester yesterday morning,its the mentality of ime not letting that car infront of me when there joining motorways that causes some of the accidents then rely on your camera to prove they were at fault,for forks sake what does 2 seconds make to your day? Absolutly nothing but when you hit him and cause the accident it makes a huge difference to everyone else’s day,you can bet your life that accident at sandbach could have been avoided today if just one driver had proved he was the professional he is suposed to be,instead one driver may loose a leg and 2 are in hospital,5 trucks off the road costing thousands to repair and thousands lost in late deliverys drivers running out of hours people missing meeting flights missed,holidays delayed,not to mention the stress!!! And it all could have been avoided!!! Think about it Monday when your 2ft away from the truck infront

:open_mouth: dont no bought is driving skills but he makes ■■■■■■ good cider :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Captain Caveman 76:
Most lorry drivers ARE professional, but we operate among a lot of people who aren’t!

Spot on mate

chaversdad:

Captain Caveman 76:

Spot on mate

Couldn’t agree more - pretty much sums up the working day…

Because now to many drivers drive with cruis control near all the time>Now we have unlimited minut in phone,so drivers talk via bluetooth long ,long time about nothing :smiley: .as well truck now modern,fast,strong.All this reduce drivers concetration,more risk of accident.And of cource dcriveres responsibility much low now,to many drivers rush for nothink.Plus to many insurance have car drivers.Some car drivers buy full insurance with legal advice,courtesy carand drivers start think who can racing ,make danger situation to another truck,car drivers.A|nd of cource must change penalty sistem.For some offence must much much more strong penalty,for some offence much low.

I’m still fairly new to the industry but I think we’re a bit harsh on ourselves sometimes… The majority of driving I witness daily from fellow truckers is courteous and safe. Yeah they get a touch close through roadworks (understatement) but I think in general we all get through our long days without incident whilst trying to make one another’s days as easy as possible.

little things annoy me like the tesco driver yesterday morning who stopped for a break on the A15 Northbound just after the A46 roundabout in the tiny lay-by not quite wide enough for a wagon meaning oncoming trucks had to let each other filter through. Just a bit thoughtless as he sat tucking into his butties but it was probably inexperience and judging by all the glares and head shakes he received, he probably won’t do it again. Bet he had an uncomfortable 45!!

As difficult as it was to read, Andrejs actually hit the nail on the head as far as I’m concerned, and that is Fully Comp Insurance.

If someone driving a £20k car ■■■■■ up and writes it off, and it costs them £20k, then they’ll think twice next time, but these days they just fill out a form and get another £20k car…

Yes, I have fully comp insurance, BUT only because it was cheaper than 3rd party fire and theft, I’d never consider claiming off myself :grimacing: