Accident

Hi all. I hope this is the right forum area to post it. In short I was doing delivery and while reversing I hit a brick wall and part of it collapsed. It was on 17.04.2012. I came back later and spoken with my boss, about insurance and his excess. He just answered “dont worry about it” and get back to your duties. That was it. I have left the job few days ago. Today he emailed me and he wants my details to fill out his insurance forms. He wants: “Date of Birth, Licence no, Date passed test, How long you have been driving in England, Any motor offences, Also can you explain what happened on the day so I can complete the form”.

I just want to know is that normal procedure ? Can this affect me in any way ?

Thanks!

chrisv401:
Hi all. I hope this is the right forum area to post it. In short I was doing delivery and while reversing I hit a brick wall and part of it collapsed. It was on 17.04.2011. I came back later and spoken with my boss, about insurance and his excess. He just answered “dont worry about it” and get back to your duties. That was it. I have left the job few days ago. Today he emailed me and he wants my details to fill out his insurance forms. He wants: “Date of Birth, Licence no, Date passed test, How long you have been driving in England, Any motor offences, Also can you explain what happened on the day so I can complete the form”.

I just want to know is that normal procedure ? Can this affect me in any way ?

Thanks!

Are you really talking about an accident that happened over a year ago or is the 17.04.2011 a typo ?

:slight_smile: I just corrected that. thx.

In that case the details he’s asking for would be quite usual, though to be honest he should have most of them on his records and should really have asked you to write an explanation of the accident when it happened not a month later.

He’s obviously had an insurance claim for the damage and needs to complete the necessary insurance forms.

I can’t see any reason for you to worry about it, give your former employer the details he needs and forget it :wink: