Accident today near Oostende

I witnessed an awful accident today heading towards Calais involving an artic and I assume 1 car.
The truck a green curtainsider from Hungary suddenly swerved across the carriageway and hit the grassy mound in the middle of the road and took off into the other carriageway.
I have looked online and can’t find anything about it I wonder if anyone on here lives in Belgium and has heard anything of said incident and if the people involved got out of it ok.
I hope so cos it looked bad from where I was looking.

You do know that you are required to stop at the scene of an accident you witnessed, don’t you?

I was a few hundred yards behind it when it happened and there were about 4 cars and 2 trucks already stopped so I didn’t think me stopping would help in any way so I carried on.

Not nice to see that kind of thing.
Glad I past through there around 6am,it was lovely and quiet,good job as the tunnel had delays and I had to b in Grays for 10am.

Not required in Belgium to stop…unless involved

Neville is correct ■■■■■■■ SIMON needs to take cotton wool off and join real world

von max:
Neville is correct [zb] SIMON needs to take cotton wool off and join real world

You give every appearance of being a most pleasant chap.
Do you have to work at it or does being such an ignorant prick just come naturally to you ?
Being Belgian would help with that I expect, going by the driving standards of most Belgians.

Simon:
Being Belgian would help with that I expect, going by the driving standards of most Belgians.

Never a truer comment spoken.

robinhood_1984:

Simon:

Cant be any worse than the Portuguese though . . can they ?
Tin hat ready.

Suedehead:
Tin hat ready.

Lol no idea, I’ve never been to Portugal.

The Pork’n’cheesers driving is the worst in Europe.At one time the highest death rate in Europe.
They change personality behind the wheel and if all their cars were Austin Allegro’s, they really could get 150 mph out of the car.
I put it down to the multitude of strong expresso’s and their Latin temperment.
Mix that with driving.The amount of near misses you see was enough to give anyone a myacardial infarction.The truck drivers were just as bad.Throwing artics around like Dinky toys.I felt sorry for the owner.The wear and tear bill must have been eye watering.

Suedehead:

robinhood_1984:

Simon:

Tin hat ready.

I’ve only been to Portugal once, a fairly short trip which was spectacularly uneventful tbh.

I wouldn’t even say the Belgians were the worst in Europe, because Luxemburgers beat them in those stakes. However I would say they were down near the bottom, in my opinion.

Thetaff2:
I witnessed an awful accident today heading towards Calais involving an artic and I assume 1 car.
The truck a green curtainsider from Hungary suddenly swerved across the carriageway and hit the grassy mound in the middle of the road and took off into the other carriageway.
I have looked online and can’t find anything about it I wonder if anyone on here lives in Belgium and has heard anything of said incident and if the people involved got out of it ok.

Apparently the chech driver had to sneeze, pulled the steering wheel and took a car with him into the middle.
No one got hurt.

transport-online.nl/site/434 … -e40-foto/

bald:

Thetaff2:

Apparently the chech driver had to sneeze, pulled the steering wheel and took a car with him into the middle.
No one got hurt.

transport-online.nl/site/434 … -e40-foto/

That’s the one thank you.