Accident queens drive liverpool

Two motorists have been injured after an HGV left the road and smashed into four houses.

The vehicle careered into the homes in Queens Drive, Liverpool, following a collision with a Renault car.

No-one in the affected houses was injured but the two drivers received injuries, police said.

Police were called to the scene of the accident at the junction of Walton Hall Avenue at 7.20am.

A Merseyside Police spokesperson said: "Two casualties were taken to hospital from the scene. The driver of the Renault is believed to be in a serious condition and the driver of the HGV has also been taken to hospital, with his injuries not believed to be serious at this stage.

“The people in the houses are all safe and well.”

The police, fire service and local authority are all at the scene assessing the damage.

Police advised motorists to avoid the heavily congested area.

was absolute chaos down there before with the eveton match traffic ,and the crash trafiic,

correct me if am wrong thats a EMR scrap wagon from manchester, any1 no the full story??

my guess is that the tipper has been bombing down the drive car pulled otu swerved through the railings into the house, could b wrong but i live 5 mins away from the scene of the crash, and the amount of trucks that scream up and down there is beyond me !

Just says The vehicle careered into the homes in Queens Drive, Liverpool, following a collision with a Renault car. He probably tried avoiding the car but still hit it and then went into the houses.

more pics

bad that ! lucky there wasnt any other cars involved, or was there?

looking at them pictures, looks like someone forgot to stop when the lights go on red…weather it was the truck or the car is yet to be discovered.

Looks like the lights are not working.

who the naughty boy driving on the wrong side of the road

dont think he was on the wrong side of the road when the accident happended, you can see the marks on the road leading from the road to where he stopped

wirralpete:
dont think he was on the wrong side of the road when the accident happended, you can see the marks on the road leading from the road to where he stopped

Even where the marks are in the pic thats a long way to stop,
If the lights were out He / She should have been moving a tad slower.

nick2008:

wirralpete:

Tipper, move slowly!!! :laughing:

delete

Where he is is a 30mph limit. The way the lorries drive down Queens drive to the docks its a wonder they have not put a weight limit on it to keep them off it. Last year there was a scrap tipper ‘fall over’ coming out the tunnel and a bit before that one fell over and killed a woman as he came off the M62 onto queens drive. Looks like a big bill for someone.

Thank god it’s not Irish. My heart sank when I read the title. We don’t need anymore hassle

jeeeez was this guy drunk or asleep… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

what a mess that looks to say only 2 vehicles involved

they dont hang around them scrap metal wagons. think mike-c may be right, wont be long before theres a weight limit imposed.

Well i know what i’d have done.
I’d have used my brakes.

redboxer850:

nick2008:

wirralpete:

Tipper, move slowly!!! :laughing:

here we go slagging tipper drivers off again.when boxes & fridges are involved in accidents not much said,how do we know if it was even the truck drives fault.

164480:
here we go slagging tipper drivers off again.

Everytime I’ve been dangerously overtaken by another wagon it’s been a tipper wagon going like the clappers.

Tipper drivers are on percentages so they drive like ■■■■. The last time I did tipper work on the agency, I went what I thought was fast, got 8 loads in and thought I’d done well. The company drivers got 10+ in. God knows how they managed that.

there should be a direct link tunnel between the m62 and the docks for FREE. the entire road setup in liverpool is stupid.
i shouldn’t really blame the driver for not pressing his brakes. i think the road planners should get the blame.