Accident on NJ TPK weds

Weds morning some crazy idiot on the New Jersey turnpike was doing about 75mph, as these dump truck idiots do and crashed very badly … he was killed instantly then his truck caught fire so he gor cremated also. The flames set fire to the new wood used in construction of the new over passes on I-195 and the entire interchange was chut down fo most of the day, including I-195. All traffic was sent off at exit 9 and down US1 which is no joke as I have done that diversion before and it takes about 3 hours in stopped traffic to get off and go round, you have 6 lanes going into 1 lane to get on route 18 to US1 then US1 is standing all the way down. Anyway I sat waiting to exit at exit 9 for 2 hours, thsi involved me pulling into the service are at exit 11, having chicken parm with intalian roast spuds covered in marinara sauce and a drink, then rejoining the highway right aongside the car that was next to me when I pulled off :laughing:
As I got about 500 yards from the line going up the slip road I noticed some state trucks appear inside the coned off area and put 2 and 2 together, stopped on the shoulder for 5 minutes and sure enough they pulled the cone away and let me through :smiley: :smiley:
I was first to get let through and had a cop in front of me doing the rolling roadblock bit (at 60mph). Now then ! … If I hadn’t stopped on thet shoulder for 5 minutes I would have been stuck on U1 for another hour at least before rejoining the turnpike.
It pays to be observant :wink:

I heared that something crashed in a truck this week on an overpass on the NJ TPK and was leaking fuel down on to the main highway below causing the whole road to be closed?

That was the crash but the stories get exagerated so much, it was a dump truck, his fuel tank exploded and set fire to the wood used in setting the concrete.
I heard so many different versions even as I sat in the line waiting, guys talk on the CB about their story on the crash and I just reply … “Oh how do you know ? Did you stop and walk over to ask ? If so why the f*** are you in this line of traffic now ?”
We have a Polish driver at work who spreads real gossip and stretches the truth constantly, as I left the yard that afternoon he stopped me to tell me about a horrible accident in which an employee of Ocean Spray had been killed by a huge fire :exclamation: Turns out he was talikng about this accident en route to Ocean Spray :laughing:
We get a Russian driver who comes into the refinery now and then and asked me if the Polish guy was dead ? I said no and he said he had heard a rumour that he was … I told him the rumour was probably started by the Polish guy himself :laughing: