Accident M74 28/8

Anyone see it or know what happened? Looked a bit tasty

I passed it going southbound about 1745.
On the northbound side there was an RT Keedell artic down the embankment in a field. The front end was smashed in and the load was everywhere.
On the hard shoulder was another lorry (had a foreign “look” to it but I may be mistaken) and the roof had been ripped off the trailer. Looked like it had been opened with a tin opener.
Cant find any info online other than to say it happened at about ten to 5. Im a bit of a nosey ■■■■■■■ and just wondered if anyone knew what had happened and if the drivers are ok
This is all I can find -
thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3 … lockerbie/

I went past it south at about 19.00. Looked nasty though the worst of the damage to the Keedwell was to the passenger side so hopefully driver was ok.

My thought was he hit the back of the other truck which may or may not have been on the hard shoulder. That’s just a guess though. Going from the damage there must have been a big speed difference at impact though

The female Keedwell driver walked away with cuts and bruises. I reckon she was lucky it stayed on it’s wheels!

kcrussell25:
My thought was he hit the back of the other truck which may or may not have been on the hard shoulder.

Thats my take on it as well but the truck on the hard shoulder looked perfectly in line. If it got hit with the impact required to rip the roof off like that i’d have thought it would have shunted the truck as well, if that makes sense

The-Snowman:

kcrussell25:
My thought was he hit the back of the other truck which may or may not have been on the hard shoulder.

Thats my take on it as well but the truck on the hard shoulder looked perfectly in line. If it got hit with the impact required to rip the roof off like that i’d have thought it would have shunted the truck as well, if that makes sense

Recovery was there when I went past so didn’t think about that. I agree it must have been a big hit though

time for the inevitable question with a slight twist.
FEMALE agency driver■■? :confused:

Nope, she was employed! :unamused:

“Was” not is [emoji57]

:smiley: :smiley:

Letting women drive ffs :blush:

SuperMultiBlue:
Letting women drive ffs :blush:

They’ll be giving them the vote next!

oprah winfrey is to blame for most of the associated grief of women in the workplace.
it would have been a lot simpler if she didnt inform women they could ■■■■■■ as well as men…( if their quick enough)