Accident M40 this morning

Going s/b down the M40 this morning,at about 05.15 I was just at the bottom of that slow drop before the bend about 4 miles short of Oxford services when I noticed some hazards flashing on the n/b side and some wheel tracks in the grass on the central reservation.
Before I got to Oxford msa two police cars and an ambulance were on the way with blues and twos going.
After tipping Park Royal and on my way back,the matrix warned that the M40 was close n/b and s/b between J8 and 9.
This was about 09.00 and coming off at J8 intowards Oxford,round the ring road and back on at J9 was no problem,but within not much more than an hour,before the M40 was open,traffic was queing back to J7.
I met up with one of our drivers on Warwick msa and he’d been in the queue at the accident scene for three hours before the police decided to turn vehicles around and get them off at J8.
Apparently it was a taxi or mini bus that had crossed over and at the last count one person was dead at the scene.
Anyone else caught up in this?

Saw the warning signs about delays 8-9 M40 this morning at about 5 AM. Running back at 8AM saw warning signs M40 shut 8-9. Must have been bad, but heard no details yet.

That will be this accident…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ox … e-17967475