Accident M25 this morning

Who got caught up in the accident on the M25 this morning at 06.00 between J27,(M11) and J28,(A12)?
Saw the first warning on the overhead matrix on M1 just before getting onto the M25.
Thought by the time I got there it would be all over,oh yeah!
Only light traffic on the M25,until about 2 miles before J28 when there was a stationary queue across all 4 lanes.
Took best part of an hour to get to the scene where only lane 4 was open.
Never seen a truck in such a state that was not in a breakers yard.I could see no one else involved.
As I went past the scene,there was a truck cab on the hard shoulder,and a recovery truck was lifting an engine and gearbox from lane 3 onto a trailer.Diesel had spilled across all 4 lanes.
Just as I was clearing the area,saw the trailer,and what was left of the unit,just the chassis and rear axle.
Check these pics:

I thought this has got to be a fatal,but when the first traffic report came up on Radio 2,it reported the accident but said the driver had got away with slight injuries,I hope he’s filled his Lotto ticket in this week!
Usually get to my drop in Sittingbourne at about 06.45,got there this morning at 07.50 with only 4 minutes left on the clock!

if you have to crash,do it in a scania-for all their faults they must be the strongest cabs .hope the driver is ok

What the hell could have happend to cause that?
Is it possible that the chassis failing was a cause rather then a result?

AHT:

That’s the second post showing a Scania falling to bits we’ve seen in a few days! I’d love to know what happened there too!
Whatever it was, the main thing is that the driver’s OK. One lucky feller! (I’m presuming it was a feller :slight_smile: )
Bernard

Whilst driving to Kettering i saw a message on the matrix saying LONG DELAYS M25 J27 to J28. Delays must been that bad for the message to be displayed near Kettering

I got on the M1 s/bound J 28 at 0510 and the matrix signs were showing this.

albion1938:

AHT:

That’s the second post showing a Scania falling to bits we’ve seen in a few days! I’d love to know what happened there too!
Whatever it was, the main thing is that the driver’s OK. One lucky feller! (I’m presuming it was a feller :slight_smile: )
Bernard

Was thinking that too. Is there a faulty batch of Scania chassis out there? Will it happen to someone else? Will Stobart have to ground his Scania’s as a precaution? :smiley:
Joking aside though, glad to hear the driver is ok.

Glad the driver is alright! I missed that by an hour! :slight_smile:

Came on at 28 so avoided it. Radio were saying a lorry had overturned?

Passed going the other way not long after it happened.
Looked to me as though he drifted over the rumble strip and ran into all that armco that protects those refuge areas under the bridges on the new bit. Ripped the cab off which was laying on its side in lane 3. Lost his trailer off which managed to stay upright but on its knees.
Looked bad, very glad to hear he’s OK. one very lucky guy.

As I could see no other vehicle involved that’s what I thought,that he had driven into the armco barrier to cause so much damage.
The first and only mention of the accident on radio 2 after 10.00 said that the driver was not badly injured so I only have that report to go on,if that is so,he’s one very lucky guy!

bestbooties:
As I could see no other vehicle involved that’s what I thought,that he had driven into the armco barrier to cause so much damage.
The first and only mention of the accident on radio 2 after 10.00 said that the driver was not badly injured so I only have that report to go on,if that is so,he’s one very lucky guy!

That is one of our lot, I was off last night, but my mate was caught up in the queue, He left the hub 1/2 hour after that chap, but returning to a different depot, so not got the full story yet -
I think he was the last trunk back to Medway, but will update when we know for sure, but we know he only had minor injuries - treated at hospital at Romford.

Good result all round, glad he is ok and he didn’t manage to take anyone with him.

Slightly OT but I have increasingly noticed on the new bridge support areas with that barrier around it more and more foreign trucks parking up, police and HA don’t seem to be on top of this yet ■■?

Phantom Mark:
Good result all round, glad he is ok and he didn’t manage to take anyone with him.

Slightly OT but I have increasingly noticed on the new bridge support areas with that barrier around it more and more foreign trucks parking up, police and HA don’t seem to be on top of this yet ■■?

Quick update Lads

This was the last trunk into Medway depot at Sittingbourne,
Fortunately the usual driver (who is due to retire in July) was off Friday night & an Agency driver from DFL was steering this one,
He got out with minor injuries, but I suspect his pride was damaged !!

Medway are on their way to our depot this morning to borrow a unit - they are getting the horrible French rental thing.