Accident A13 W'Bound at M25 Junction this morning

Sorry… Kinda

I was in middle lane passing the cars queuing for the M25, when this piece of dung came from the outside lane into mine and stopped dead, to try and cut into the M25 queue. I was fully freighted, and had the option of either plowing into the back of the moron, or swerving into lane 3. I slapped indicator on and moved over but side-swiped a people carrier and smashed her into crash barrier.

I feel bad for the woman, but I don’t see that there was a lot I could have done to better the situation. Yes, what the car did in front of me was stupid, but he didn’t deserve to die for it (which I’m certain he would have). The police thanked me for my quick reactions before I left and told me my actions prevented a much worse collision.

Obviously, the numpty in the car in front didn’t stop, but they’re confident they can track him on CCTV with it being so close to the junction.

The woman just had some seat belt bruises and no one else was involved. A van driver stopped and gave a statement supporting my version of events.

Just so relieved no-one was hurt

Must have ■■■■ you right up, hope your ok mate?

Saaamon:
Must have [zb] you right up, hope your ok mate?

I’m fine, barely felt it. The worst part was knowing I was going to have some sort of crash and being powerless to prevent it. I thought the woman was going to be more badly hurt when she hit the barrier… Looked very dramatic in the mirror

Must of been awful for you, atleast everyone walked away.

i would have clobbered the ■■■■ in front

claretmatt:
The numpty in the car in front didn’t stop.

Yet another good reason to buy Roadhawk.

roadhawk.co.uk/

Dieseldoforme:

claretmatt:
The numpty in the car in front didn’t stop.

Yet another good reason to buy Roadhawk.

roadhawk.co.uk/

+1
Although I reckon we would need cameras on every corner of trucks to catch and prove the stupidity of some car drivers.

claretmatt:
‘…Accident A13 W’Bound at M25 Junction … I was in middle lane passing the cars queuing for the M25…’

I recall it only being two-lane - but I’m glad you and all others are relatively alright.

‘There for the grace of God go the rest of us’, etc

commonrail:
i would have clobbered the [zb] in front

reaction can be a funny thing, but i’m with commonrail.
dodgy stretch of road that, and you see the ■■■■■■■■■ pulling the same stunt everyday.
the bit from where the traffic joins at lakeside, to the slip for the m25 is to short in the first place.

chilistrucker:
‘… you see the [zb] pulling the same stunt everyday…’

Choose one.

Is it because:

a. As a nation we’re known for our tolerance :question:

b. We’re pig-sick of poor standards but have to put up with them because there’s both no point in getting upset nor any Government agency that gives a monkey’s :question:

You should have hit the one that allegedly stopped dead in front of you. it would have stayed at the scene then. Instead you decided (or was it a reaction ) to wipe out an innocent lady in lane 3.
What would you have said if a truck had tried to wipe out your wife /daughter driving along minding her own business?

disgo:
You should have hit the one that allegedly stopped dead in front of you. it would have stayed at the scene then. Instead you decided (or was it a reaction ) to wipe out an innocent lady in lane 3.
What would you have said if a truck had tried to wipe out your wife /daughter driving along minding her own business?

Don’t be a cretin all your life

disgo:

you totally out of order … he feels bad enough as it is let alone killing someone

Get on to the Highways agency South mimms they look after the cameras and it will be recorded provided the camera was facing that way …hope you got the reg etc …

I’m horrified at how many people have said I should have killed him (mostly people I know, not on here)… What the ■■?

We’ve all done stupid things at times, but it amazes me that quite a lot of people think it’s a proportionate response to kill someone who’s, at best, been a bit of a wally. Anyone who know’s anything at all would realise that if I collided with a car at 45mph which is stationary is going to be far more severe an incident than having a crash with someone travelling the same direction as me, the collison speed was a lot lower and actually, the damage to her car was very light (also, no injuries at all). I actually deicded that of all the terrible options open to me, this course of action was the best one and the police officer who interviewed me thanked me for my quick reactions.

People who think I should have basically executed the driver who cut in are sick… One step away from the mindset of a serial killer.

Again, another good reason for the road hawk, I have had several similar incidents this week, I always say "next time i wont swerve i’ll just wipe the knob out! " but we know we wouldn’t it’s just anger talking.

Trouble is you never know which is the best option, luckily it worked out well this time.

Madguy :imp:

claretmatt:
I’m horrified at how many people have said I should have killed him (mostly people I know, not on here)… What the [zb]?

We’ve all done stupid things at times, but it amazes me that quite a lot of people think it’s a proportionate response to kill someone who’s, at best, been a bit of a wally. Anyone who know’s anything at all would realise that if I collided with a car at 45mph which is stationary is going to be far more severe an incident than having a crash with someone travelling the same direction as me, the collison speed was a lot lower and actually, the damage to her car was very light (also, no injuries at all). I actually deicded that of all the terrible options open to me, this course of action was the best one and the police officer who interviewed me thanked me for my quick reactions.

People who think I should have basically executed the driver who cut in are sick… One step away from the mindset of a serial killer.

That’s a bit harsh when it’s a case of having to weigh up the two choices which you’d need to make in just few seconds in that type of situation.It’s a catch 22 in which there is no right answer.But just consider the possibilities of the understandable choice which you took in the situation where the barrier doesn’t stop the vehicle that you’ve sideswiped which then crosses the central divide and hits the traffic going in the opposite direction head on.In that type of situation it’s arguably better if it’s the idiot who caused the accident who pays the price than possibly a lot more who didn’t that do instead. :bulb:

There’s no easy answer to the problem other than to at least divide the seperating lanes with solid lines and diagonal stripes under cctv and then make the offence of crossing them a prison offence or even better seperate the diverging lanes with barriers.The same situation happens regularly at the A3 southbound /M25 interchange and the safest option is to be in lane 3 as the lanes diverge although the idiots still stop in that lane too just get a bit further along the queue on the exit slip lane but at least in that case they haven’t cut in on anyone to do it and there’s obviously therefore the required seperation distance to stop in time. :bulb:

Glad your ok !

I believe it should be law, that when you see the first junction sign at one mile it is your responsilbility to move over into the slow lane, and not wait until the last quarter of a second to cut across fom lane 3 to 1, see it day after day, week after week, they are on borrowed time me thinks :unamused:

+1

claretmatt:

disgo:

Don’t be a cretin all your life

+1.

An accident was inevitable, the driver did what he thought best and everybody walked away. Good on the driver I say. Better to side swipe a car than to go head on into a stationary object. Get off yer soap box Disgo.

Well done Claretmatt.