Accessing the web

Coffeeholic:
Joking aside though it wouldn’t be a fair comparison because I don’t have any free Mbs, the cost is more per Mb over the water than in the UK and I don’t use it here.

Coffee, how much do you pay per Mb over the water? I have been thinking of going down that route as well, at the moment I tend to use internet cafes although I can use my Nokia (comunicator) I don’t like using my free minutes on data calls when I need them for work calls

ps, my bill is never over £100 even though I spent in excess of 600 mins on my phone each month, got a good contract, 500 free mins abroad,to any network in any EU country :smiley: :smiley: but deal not available to new customers :cry:

Has anybody used a Vodafone mobile connect card on their laptop ,I would like to know if they are any good before buying one I know they will not be that fast but a least you can access the web has i don,t have a easy way to get on line because i live in a mobile home and thought these would be better than useing a phone and cheaper ?

it would actually cost the same a useing a mobile phone as the gprs charges are the same i would think the only advantage i could think of is that it would leave you mobile phone free to use but you would have 2 bills to pays essenially gprs is coming down but only slowly the deal i have i geat 15mb for 15 quid but i dont get a roll over of mb maybe a wireless card could be the way to go but there are access charges it is bit of a miine field but hope you sort it out

I got one a few months ago and have found it a great tool so far. Faster than using a non GPRS mobile as a modem, depending on signal etc it connects at about the same speed as dial-up. I use mine over the water as well and it works fine almost everywhere. The only place it can be a bit iffy is in France but then their mobile networks can be a bit poor now and again.

Not sure how it would work out price wise, it would depend on the package you took and how many free MBs come with it. You are charged by the amount you download not by number of minutes online. It would also depend on the type of site you want to browse, sites with a lot of images or multimedia would cost you more.

I took the basic package with no free MBs included, as free ones can’t be used while roaming and I don’t use it in the UK. I also turn off images while browsing to keep the downloads smaller.

Set up was simple and right from the start it worked with no problem for browsing, email and newsgroups.

Hope that helps.

Coffeeholic thanks What does your average monthly bill come to .Iwas thinking of takeing the 25mb package at £25 per month should be ample for browsing and the odd emails

Trust me you really don’t want to know what my monthly bill is. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Joking aside though it wouldn’t be a fair comparison because I don’t have any free Mbs, the cost is more per Mb over the water than in the UK and I don’t use it here.

coffee my mobile bill is 400+ dont ask really but only 9 quid of that is gprs i got to stop callin germany
:laughing: :laughing:

For all of you who got a laptop for Christmas BtOpenzone are
offering you 30 days free wi-fi access if you are a Dell customer. Which
of course you are aren’t you (there is no check apart from your IP address)’

INSTRUCTIONS:_

1. Goto www.btopenzone.com
  2. Click Special Offers bottom left of screen
  3. Centre of page click “More Details” (Openzone & Dell)
  4. If you are a Dell customer or if you would like to find out more about
    this offer, “click here.”
  5. To register for your free BT Openzone access, simply click on the link
    below and complete the online form - quoting the code XXXXXXXXX

alix776:
coffee my mobile bill is 400+ dont ask really but only 9 quid of that is gprs

£400■■? You’re not even trying alix. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing: I’ll swap you mine for yours any month you like.

Mind you the only New Year Resolution I have made is to try to cut the phone bill down so hopefully I can get it lower than yours. :smiley:

coffee yours is for busines to mine isnt :laughing: i think gonna ware the bluetoooth bit out again on this new phone :laughing: