ACB 119 what truck was this reg on originally

anyone know what type this truck is with this reg ACB 119.

shirtbox2003:
anyone know what type this truck is with this reg ACB 119.

Well its an Oct 1944 Reg, From Blackburn If that’s any help, Regards Larry.

thanks larry,the reason I ask is that a picture on here somewhere shows a truck belonging to a firm on hill st Blackburn and I cant make out the wagon type. regards.jack preston.

the picture is on northwest trucks thread page 7.the wagon belongs to mort & taylor of blackburn and spondon derby.cant christen the make of truck. :confused:

shirtbox2003:
the picture is on northwest trucks thread page 7.the wagon belongs to mort & taylor of blackburn and spondon derby.cant christen the make of truck. :confused:

Is it a Maudslay

Mort & Taylor of Blackburn.jpg

Stanfield:

shirtbox2003:

Is it a Maudslay

Pretty sure its a Thornycroft.
Les

I think you may be right Les, just been looking at the badge on another Thorny and looks same. cheers

jkx572.JPG

Yes, it’s a Thornycroft, model Sturdy 5 tonner I think, looks like a wartime model as it has the tiny headlights and mesh grille with painted surround. For comparison, the Wethered motor is post-war, big lights, slatted grille with chrome surround.
Bernard

certainly looks like a thorneycrot.thanks a lot guys. regards ,jack preston.