AC/DC Billie Jean

Came across this, just thought I’d share it with any fellow music lovers. :smiley:

youtu.be/j-tKSgs0Y9A

Love it :smiley: …, better than the original from the guy who couldn’t decide if he was Arthur or Martha, nor if he was black or white (even though he said it made no difference :smiley: ) and who had a penchant for the company of kids apparentlly…not to mention a perpetual hiccup problem. :smiley:
Never liked him , maybe apart from ‘One day in your life’ …which is the wife’s (and mine) fave MJ track.

As for AC/DC …love em. :smiley:
Once saw Brian Johnson (pre AC/DC days,) one night singing in my local club.
Yeah I know it ain’t him on the vid btw. :smiley:

Bon scott acdc are my fave band - back in black was ok but that was their last gasp - brian cant sing!

JeffA:
Bon scott acdc are my fave band - back in black was ok but that was their last gasp - brian cant sing!

Looks like we disagree on summet else then. :laughing:
Ok Brian ain’t Tom Jones or Frank Sinatra, but in his own genre and style, I reckon he’s second to none.

robroy:
Ok Brian ain’t Tom Jones or Frank Sinatra, but in his own genre and style, I reckon he’s second to none.

Hmmm…
So you`re saying that Brian Johnson is good at being Brian Johnson?
I doubt many would argue with that.

Not even me.

Franglais:

robroy:

Hmmm…
So you`re saying that Brian Johnson is good at being Brian Johnson?
I doubt many would argue with that.

Not even me.

If you like.
But (as you know :unamused: ) I meant in a rock music genre he is the best,.and has maybe even a unique style, or at least the guy is top of his game.

My apologies for my clumsy description and poor use of the English language.
But at least it gave YOU an opportunity to be what you are good at…ie Being Franglais. :slight_smile:

You ike Big Bri more than Bon? Sink the pink more than Down payment blues?m

“Cant even feed my cat on social security”

JeffA:
You ike Big Bri more than Bon? Sink the pink more than Down payment blues?m

“Cant even feed my cat on social security”

Think I do tbh, it was about 40 yrs ago now that he died,…In fact …
‘‘Ain’t it funny how time fly’’ :smiley:

They’ve moved on since then, and Brian was a more than an adequate replacement for Scott imo.

They still do all the Bon songs tho. They aint playing Bonkers in belgium anymore are they.

Acdc died with Bon - they were just a metal band after he left. And Bon wrote the lyrics to a lot of back on black

I cant argue with Bri on shake a leg tho. And he is a diamond geezer.

Was good that, cheers for posting :sunglasses:

Great new documentary for any Bon fans:

youtube.com/watch?v=9HZdQGoFjqQ&t=1255s

I think his peak was the summer of '78 - his girlfriend had just left him and cleaned out his bank accounts and he was singing like a man on fire. He went out on tour for the Powerage album and those live gigs from 1978 are awesome. The live album If you want blood and any bootlegs from summer of 78 are Bon at his absolute peak.

robroy:

I’m guessing he was in Geordie at the time? Which one is your local club then?

I’m pleased to say I saw the original Bon Scott line up at The Mayfair several times back in the 1970s

Rob, do you drive down the highway screaming “Cos if gods on the left then I’m stickin to the right” :smiley:

Zac_A:

robroy:

I’m guessing he was in Geordie at the time? Which one is your local club then?

I’m pleased to say I saw the original Bon Scott line up at The Mayfair several times back in the 1970s

Was when I lived at Silloth in ■■■■■■■■ it was about 80ish,.Geordie had a couple of chart hits in the mid 70s, but they were on their way out at this time playing small venues.
Still put on a good performance with Brian wesring his Newcastle shirt. :smiley:

JeffA:
Rob, do you drive down the highway screaming “Cos if gods on the left then I’m stickin to the right” :smiley:

Nah,.when I’m on the M62 e/bound I’m singing… ‘‘I’m on a highway to Hull’’ :laughing:

Just found another good cover trawling through You Tube :smiley:
Bit of a curveball…

Toyah Wilcox covering my favourite Bowie track…‘Heroes’ with her hubby on lead guitar,.and making a decent job of it tbf.

Still fit btw at 65 years old. :sunglasses:
youtu.be/XolqY1iKL6s

I will sing that next time I go to Hull.

And saying Toyah is fit doesnt do her justice.

Brian joining Sam Fender, (been listening to a lot of this lad’s stuff lately,.highly recommended btw)…guest appearance at St James Park Newcastle last week.
Brian as humble as ever, none of this pretentious ‘I’m a big star’.■■■■■■■■ with this guy.

Best heard with headphones turned up full till yer ears start bleeding. :laughing:
Enjoy. :sunglasses:

youtu.be/_0v8jotB1DA

robroy:
Brian joining Sam Fender, (been listening to a lot of this lad’s stuff lately,.highly recommended btw)…guest appearance at St James Park Newcastle last week.
Brian as humble as ever, none of this pretentious ‘I’m a big star’.■■■■■■■■ with this guy.

Best heard with headphones turned up full till yer ears start bleeding. :laughing:
Enjoy. :sunglasses:

youtu.be/_0v8jotB1DA

You’re pretty good at finding these decent videos and posting lol.
Yeh rated Sam Fender when he was first coming on the scene. He’s done some decent stuff. “Will We Talk” is a good number of his :slight_smile:

Brian did a good series interviewing other rockers like rob plant “Away bonny lad what was touring like?”

JeffA:
Brian did a good series interviewing other rockers like rob plant “Away bonny lad what was touring like?”

Yep,.I watched that series.
Enjoyed the Joe Walsh one,…and the Sting one when Sting’s false posh accent kept slipping back to Geordie. :unamused: :smiley: