Absolutely gutted

Booked my c+e training and test a while ago and was looking forward to this week as training commenced. I’m self-funding the whole thing so timing and planning everything in-advance was very important. Currently I have no work as my contracts have come to an end, and as I’m self-employed so singing on the rock n’ roll is not an option.

Got started with the training yesterday and was a bit rusty for the first couple of hours. I’ve not driven HGV for around 15yrs and in fairness it all came back to me pretty quick. As the day progressed I was getting into - apart from the ■■■■ gears! “Push away - pull towards you” are words that are ringing in my ears. Took my me ages to get a grip of the gears - and I’m still not 100% now.

Reversing and couple and un-coupling of trailer I’ve got within the last hours of the lesson.

Then, the bombshell. The DSA or is DVLA (whichever is in charge of test dates) have made an error on the booking dates, and no examiner is available on my test day (Wednesday) and I don’t know when another test date will be forthcoming. The training centre reckon it could be middle to end of October, but I can’t wait that long as I’ve nearly all but run out of money now.

I’m in limbo, and hoping that I can get a test date within the next week or so.

I’ve got one and a bit days training left and I hope that’s enough to get me through this - if I get a early date that is.
:confused:

Thats real bummer mate , and its not your fault either as they made the mistake mabe a phone call to test center to ask for compensation to have somemore training paid for nearer the new test date as it was their mistake might be worth a shot or ask if another examiner can fit you in at end of day or come in early for your test , :bulb:

hope u get it sorted though soon

It’s a while since I was involved with this sort of thing, but back in the nineties I worked as a LGV instructor.

Then, you could go on a cancellation list and get in a lot quicker. Learners have to cancel for all sorts of reasons (illness or not being ready skill wise) so that worked out OK if I remember.

First time I failed my CE but they got me in a week later and hooray a pass! So I didn’t have to wait too long to get it over with.

Ask if there is a list for cancellations,

All the best.

Could always ask the company exactly what went wrong with the test booking. Why not cancel all remaining training until the new test date.

You could try entering your licence details onto the DSA booking site. You should not be able to get far if indeed a test was ever reserved and named for you.

My point. Its not always or indeed often that the DSA makes the ■■■■ up.

Good luck when you do take it.

If the dsa did cancel the test they will rebook another test for you and also give you out of pocket expenses. There is a form to complete which your training provider will be able to sort out for you.

Should have updated this sooner but have been busy celebrating.

Had a new date for the c+e test and passed first time with only 1 minor. :smiley:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Well Done. Glad it was finally sorted and you got the result :slight_smile:

congratulations

and a good score too :wink:

Nice one Macci - Congrats. :wink:

macci:
… passed first time with only 1 minor. :smiley:

Hi macci,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

:open_mouth: Blimey, another pass with a really low score on minors, that’s now three TN members in the last week!!

macci:
Should have updated this sooner but have been busy celebrating.

Had a new date for the c+e test and passed first time with only 1 minor. :smiley:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Congratulations macci on passing your C+E :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: & only 1 minor too, well done :wink:

So glad you managed to get sorted with a date for your test in the end, I have been in a similar situation with self funding & fitting it in with work ona very tight budget too, but HEY ! Your now sorted :smiley: :smiley: So I wish you all the best for a bright future :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks everyone… :smiley: