Absolute basics

DCPCFML:
Remind me again who it was that went THIRTY MINUTES over a 10 hour drive just a few days ago ? Oh look, it was you ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And you’re here to “seriously question my idea of regulations and legality” are you? ROFL. Would you like another bulker load of stones delivering to your glass house?
:

My going over my driving time through an accident tailback on the M25 with no service areas to pull off to was not through choice & no fault of my own. It was as legal as it could be in the circumstances and I did a print out and entered the reason into my logbook. You putting you’re tacho on break whilst tipping in order to make it home, is 100% bad planning. You say you work for the best paying company in you’re area. Hmmm I can see why that is the case, probably not the best paying by the hour but more like doing the most hours to try to match a decent companies pay!!! On the plus side, I did find you’re reply amusing. :smiley: :smiley: Anyways away with you now, you have lots of hours to put in whilst I have time in hand and money to spend. :smiley:

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Some of us remember when we sat there on a Friday afternoon with a biro in one hand and a log book in the other trying to remember what time we had our breaks on Monday to Thursday.

True ! :smiley: Remembering something that didn’t happen made it all the harder… :frowning:

DCPCFML:
True ! :smiley: Remembering something that didn’t happen made it all the harder… :frowning:

My ■■■■■■■■■ with Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Anniston being a case in point.

DCPCFML:

Noremac:
Not only this, but drivers put the tachograph unit on a break, and carry on working!! If you put a sign up at the side of the road saying £5 for a dig in the ribs, drivers would stop and start queuing up.

I’m not sure who’s the dumb one here. Putting the tacho on break mode to reset the driving time whilst doing ‘other work’ can be the difference between getting home at the end of the day or having to sleep in your tin box in a ■■■■-ridden layby. You will no doubt argue over the legalities of it but the fact is that every driver with a brain does it, except for at Aldi and Lidl RDCs.

And the employers know it and exploit it.

What a sad state of affairs when breaking the law for a firm is considered a “smart” thing to do.

Build5:

DCPCFML:

Noremac:
Not only this, but drivers put the tachograph unit on a break, and carry on working!! If you put a sign up at the side of the road saying £5 for a dig in the ribs, drivers would stop and start queuing up.

I’m not sure who’s the dumb one here. Putting the tacho on break mode to reset the driving time whilst doing ‘other work’ can be the difference between getting home at the end of the day or having to sleep in your tin box in a ■■■■-ridden layby. You will no doubt argue over the legalities of it but the fact is that every driver with a brain does it, except for at Aldi and Lidl RDCs.

And the employers know it and exploit it.

What a sad state of affairs when breaking the law for a firm is considered a “smart” thing to do.

Are you being thick here?

It’s not for their benefit, it’s for yours. :unamused:

Yorkshire Tramper:

DCPCFML:
Remind me again who it was that went THIRTY MINUTES over a 10 hour drive just a few days ago ? Oh look, it was you ! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And you’re here to “seriously question my idea of regulations and legality” are you? ROFL. Would you like another bulker load of stones delivering to your glass house?
:

My going over my driving time through an accident tailback on the M25 with no service areas to pull off to was not through choice & no fault of my own. It was as legal as it could be in the circumstances and I did a print out and entered the reason into my logbook. You putting you’re tacho on break whilst tipping in order to make it home, is 100% bad planning.

More PMSL ! “100% bad planning”. I’d love to be in the room at the Inquiry when the TC asks the questions :

TC: So, Mr YT, how lomg have you been driving as an vocational LGV driver?
YT: 30 years.
TC: I see. And where does your work take you?
YT: Oh, all over the UK, from Scotland and Wales to Kent, south coast, south west.
TC: So it would be fair to say that you have a lot of experience of the M25 motorway around London?
YT: Yes.
TC: And it would also be fair to say from your 30 years experience that you’ve experienced many delays and closures due to accidents on the M25 in that time?
YT: Yes, it would.
TC: So tell me : knowing these factors and the risks involved, why did you choose to undertake a journey around a large section of the M25 when you were already close to your driving time limit?
YT: I was unlucky that I got stuck in an accident and there was nowhere to park once I got through it.
TC: But, by your own admission above, you are well aware that the M25 is renowned for delays due to - for example - accidents.
YT: …
TC: Also, is overnight parking normally a problem for LGV drivers?
YT: Yes, it’s a nationwide problem and has been for many years. The government need to address it urgently.
TC: So once again you admit to being fully aware of these factors but despite that you chose to plough on regardless, essentially crossing your fingers and hoping it would work out, but if not then a quick tacho print-out and the “RTA” excuse will get you off the hook, hm?
TC: The Department for Transport takes tachograph rules violations very seriously, especially driving time violatiions. I do not accept your argument that the delay on the M25 was unforeseen, nor the lack of available parking. Both of these issues could have been easily avoided through better prior planning. As such, I am issuing you with a £2500 fine for exceeding your driving time without good reason. Case closed, you are free to leave the room.

I wonder how many more of you at Carmichael Logistics are running bent with a flagrant disregard for the tachograph regulations? :open_mouth:

DCPCFML:

Yorkshire Tramper:

DCPCFML:
:

My going over my driving time through an accident tailback on the M25 with no service areas to pull off to was not through choice & no fault of my own. It was as legal as it could be in the circumstances and I did a print out and entered the reason into my logbook. You putting you’re tacho on break whilst tipping in order to make it home, is 100% bad planning.

More PMSL ! “100% bad planning”. I’d love to be in the room at the Inquiry when the TC asks the questions :

TC: So, Mr YT, how lomg have you been driving as an vocational LGV driver?
YT: 30 years.
TC: I see. And where does your work take you?
YT: Oh, all over the UK, from Scotland and Wales to Kent, south coast, south west.
TC: So it would be fair to say that you have a lot of experience of the M25 motorway around London?
YT: Yes.
TC: And it would also be fair to say from your 30 years experience that you’ve experienced many delays and closures due to accidents on the M25 in that time?
YT: Yes, it would.
TC: So tell me : knowing these factors and the risks involved, why did you choose to undertake a journey around a large section of the M25 when you were already close to your driving time limit?
YT: I was unlucky that I got stuck in an accident and there was nowhere to park once I got through it.
TC: But, by your own admission above, you are well aware that the M25 is renowned for delays due to - for example - accidents.
TC: Also, is overnight parking normally a problem for LGV drivers?
YT: Yes, it’s a nationwide problem and has been for many years. The government need to address it urgently.
TC: So once again you admit to being fully aware of these factors but despite that you chose to plough on regardless, essentially crossing your fingers and hoping it would work out, but if not then a quick tacho print-out and the “RTA” excuse will get you off the hook, hm?
TC: The Department for Transport takes tachograph rules violations very seriously, especially driving time violatiions. I do not accept your argument that the delay on the M25 was unforeseen, nor the lack of available parking. Both of these issues could have been easily avoided through better prior planning. As such, I am issuing you with a £2500 fine for exceeding your driving time without good reason. Case closed, you are free to leave the room.

I wonder how many more of you at Carmichael Logistics are running bent with a flagrant disregard for the tachograph regulations? :open_mouth:

Wow you have really fantasised and put some thought into this havent you? and knowing all of this you still put you’re tacho on break whilst tipping in order to get home. I will rename you to mystic Meg as I wasnt on my time limit when I joined the M25, but through an accident tailback a 20 min journey took me an additional 3 hrs, I suppose I could have rang you to ask if there was going to be an accident on the M25 that day and if I was ok to continue. I didnt have your number so I suppose I am guilty as charged with bad planning, pretty much like yourself really.

This thread is far better than any row that’s taken place in the Woolpack.
Mr Wilkes would’ve loved it.

In the words of that great sage Mr Ronald McDonald “I’m loving it” :wink: