ABS / EBS Tractor with old trailer?

Might be a stupid question but can I send our our Volvo FH12 (early noughties) to collect a 1978 trailer from Belgium … will it work despite the tractor unit having ABS / EBS and the trailer (presuambly having none of these systems?). How does that work with VOSA … if the trailer is too old to have these systems fitted? Thanks Paul

I have no idea sorry, but this sounds like a job for Tony Beets, let’s get that ■■■■■■■ trailer home huh

We ran some 40 year old tanks out of Belgium, they had a single 7 pin electrical socket, leaf springs and cable handbrake, we were pulling them with new V3 Volvo and DAF 85. No issue with BAG. Rijkswacht or VOSA

Last time I moved a trailer with no abs plug I did a set of 11’s up a slip road getting off the motorway, but to be fair I’m a modern steering wheel attentant not a driver. :wink:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

mrginge:
Last time I moved a trailer with no abs plug I did a set of 11’s up a slip road getting off the motorway, but to be fair I’m a modern steering wheel attentant not a driver. :wink: