About rates

ive read a few post about becoming an owner driver on the forum and I am not sure how the rates work. When I worked for Tarmac there was an out the gate fee of about £35 ish and then radial miles say £1.82 in a straight line from base to destination, Thus meaning you could do 8 miles and get paid for 5 depending how many hills you encounter), and then waiting time, and transfer from one base to the other depending if you were over or under halfway to the next base, and additional payments for such as site mixing etc…

So ive seen quotes between £1.42 and £1.50 per mile, is that straight line or road miles as perceived by the customer, and are there any extra payments such as waiting time and out the gate fee?

yurt:
ive read a few post about becoming an owner driver on the forum and I am not sure how the rates work. When I worked for Tarmac there was an out the gate fee of about £35 ish and then radial miles say £1.82 in a straight line from base to destination, Thus meaning you could do 8 miles and get paid for 5 depending how many hills you encounter), and then waiting time, and transfer from one base to the other depending if you were over or under halfway to the next base, and additional payments for such as site mixing etc…

So ive seen quotes between £1.42 and £1.50 per mile, is that straight line or road miles as perceived by the customer, and are there any extra payments such as waiting time and out the gate fee?

Not sure but that’s not a very good rate. You need to be looking for at least £2 a mile nowadays really, unless the £1.42 per mile is empty mileage aswell as loaded.

Matt.