about our Bottom

Does anyone agree that the Driver Seat gets a refurbishing or renewing after a Few Year?

be nice if they fitted a decent one in the first place :imp: I reckon the Merc seats need refurbished at 3 years by then the bolster has set like concrete

Definitely. At one place I go to they’ve got 11 plate Renault Premiums and the foam in the seat bases is knackered and the side panel has worn off and has been gaffer taped.

Probably the most neglected part on a lorry. I remember having a slanging match with management over a driver’s seat which had a broken spring poking through the cushion. Although it was quite OK to expect the lorry driver to sit on it, ( “put some gaffer tape over it”) he reckoned he wouldn’t however be prepared to accept it in his company car because it might tear his suit!

I’ll take mine heated thanks…

F-reds:
I’ll take mine heated thanks…

Me too,over the last week ive had the heated seat on most of the day and a trickle of warm air on my feet,bang on :wink:

I use a Manitou to unload. It’s impossible to avoid “wet arse syndrome”. So getting back into a heated seat is a real treat!

F-reds:
I use a Manitou to unload. It’s impossible to avoid “wet arse syndrome”. So getting back into a heated seat is a real treat!

Following on from this, why do so many low loader drivers leave the excavators’ door locked open when transporting the machine?
Would the driver like it if his cab door was left open all day and night in all weathers?

Back in the mid 90s I was driving a well worn '84 Sed Atki 200 and the middle of the seat had almost collapsed to the point that it was like sitting in a bucket.
I had a word with the boss and he said it wasn’t a part of the lorry he’d ever really think about checking.
To his credit, he had it replaced.

Not what I was expecting from a thread titled like this. Thought it was going to be a “dipper dave” special! :laughing:

I asked for a pay rise once so they gave me a truck with an higher seat in it!!! :wink:

Would the driver like it if his cab door was left open all day and night in all weathers?

It’s true. I laugh my ■■■ off every time I see it!

As a 15 year old I moved a 7.5t in the yard late on a Saturday afternoon to load it ready for Monday. I left the window open. Next Saturday my work clothes were all floating down the river that backed onto the yard.

The driver said since he had to put up with a wet arse and back all day on Monday that I would have to put up with the same…

To be fair I never left a window open again :laughing:

tango boy:
I asked for a pay rise once so they gave me a truck with an higher seat in it!!! :wink:

Not a cf then bud,all cf drivers look like dwarfs,all you can see is their heads ,

seth 70:

tango boy:

Not a cf then bud,all cf drivers look like dwarfs,all you can see is their heads ,

Aye makes me laugh :laughing: :laughing:

My Scania 4 had a full bottom up refurb/rebuild about 3 or 4 years ago, everything was replaced, even the drivers seat…but the drivers seat was second hand :imp: and is now flat as my derrière :unamused:
Any one got padded seat covers for sale :laughing:

My heated seats are great for drying my bottom after getting a cabless flt off the back, though I do offer our customers the option of wet weather gear on delivery, its the rag I dried the seat with :laughing:

Anyway, heated seats make me fell like I had pee’d myself :blush:

Drift:
My heated seats are great for drying my bottom after getting a cabless flt off the back, though I do offer our customers the option of wet weather gear on delivery, its the rag I dried the seat with :laughing:

Hate the feeling of the heated seat.
Makes you feel like you have done something childish :wink:

tango boy:

Drift:

Hence my nylon seat cover :open_mouth: sure to be sure paddy :wink: :laughing:

Drift:

tango boy:

Drift:

Hence my nylon seat cover :open_mouth: sure to be sure paddy :wink: :laughing:

So it is lol :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: