About car transporter job

Iandrummer81:

Itsarusemate:

Iandrummer81:
There’s a job just down the road from me going at BCA, all training given, different shifts offered…

8 - 10 hour shifts? I smell bs on that, and the wage doesn’t seem up to much either. It’s just 5 minutes away which would be handy as at the moment it’s an hour round trip to work.

First comment, I can offer some input on this. I started several months ago at BCA as a Class 2 transporter driver on Auction work. 8-10 hour days isn’t far from the truth. You’re expected to take 1 load out and bring 1 load back in. Some of the more experienced drivers (on both Class 1 + 2) start at 6am and are home by 2pm, 5 days a week. Since I started several months ago, I’ve had maybe two days go beyond 12 hours, but that was due to getting messed around by dealerships, and my total working hours over the weeks have not exceeded 55, averaging closer to 50. For what it’s worth, the training was also pretty good.

BCA absolutely has its flaws though…

Appreciate that mate, I’d be looking at the 4 on 4 off if anything, do you know about overtime rates?

Overtime is underwhelming at best for drivers on the Auction contracts specifically. My overtime rates are time and a third on the Saturday day rate (only after 4 hours) and time and a half on Sunday, again only after 4 hours. Needless to say, I don’t do overtime.

Itsarusemate:

Iandrummer81:

Itsarusemate:

Iandrummer81:
There’s a job just down the road from me going at BCA, all training given, different shifts offered…

8 - 10 hour shifts? I smell bs on that, and the wage doesn’t seem up to much either. It’s just 5 minutes away which would be handy as at the moment it’s an hour round trip to work.

First comment, I can offer some input on this. I started several months ago at BCA as a Class 2 transporter driver on Auction work. 8-10 hour days isn’t far from the truth. You’re expected to take 1 load out and bring 1 load back in. Some of the more experienced drivers (on both Class 1 + 2) start at 6am and are home by 2pm, 5 days a week. Since I started several months ago, I’ve had maybe two days go beyond 12 hours, but that was due to getting messed around by dealerships, and my total working hours over the weeks have not exceeded 55, averaging closer to 50. For what it’s worth, the training was also pretty good.

BCA absolutely has its flaws though…

Appreciate that mate, I’d be looking at the 4 on 4 off if anything, do you know about overtime rates?

Overtime is underwhelming at best for drivers on the Auction contracts specifically. My overtime rates are time and a third on the Saturday day rate (only after 4 hours) and time and a half on Sunday, again only after 4 hours. Needless to say, I don’t do overtime.

Ah OK, it says in the ad 109 - 130 a day, that seems a little low? Is 4 on 4 off much longer shifts?

Cant comment on 4 on 4 off, I do Monday - Friday. You don’t get the Saturday and Sunday overtime rates when you work a 4 on 4 off. I did ask the guy who interviewed me and he said that you’d work similar number of hours each week, but obviously 4/4 would work longer days.

To be honest the auction money isn’t great, nor are the T & Cs. Ultimately for me, it’s a start.

I was chatting to a lad who was coming of them to go on low loaders.
He told me his salary was £53K working nights.
Can’t remember the firm but the wagon was the huge one, where you look at it and think WTF would I start when loading.
He said he enjoyed it but just fancied a change.