About car transporter job

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:
Andrejs…

I assume your Latvian?

Remind me…

Who was asking about glaring grammar errors…?

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I’ve never…

Claimed my grammar was perfect or free from errors. To illustrate that point, what have I done wrong with the example you’ve posted? I’m happy to improve. I’m gonna guess it should read ‘I assume you are from Latvia?’

It’s not a…

Scheme, scam, con trick or data mining excerise. There’s nothing sinsister or unpleasant about it.

It’s a ruse, a fun thing that someone with a good command of English plays for a bit of a giggle.

yourhavingalarf:

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:
Andrejs…

I assume your Latvian?

Remind me…

I’ve never…

Claimed my grammar was perfect or free from errors. To illustrate that point, what have I done wrong with the example you’ve posted? I’m happy to improve. I’m gonna guess it should read ‘I assume you are from Latvia?’

Try “I assume you’re Latvian?” (abbreviated form of “I assume you are Latvian?”

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:
Andrejs…

I assume your Latvian?

Remind me…

I’ve never…

Ffs it’s a trucker forum not an English teacher’s forum

Andrejs:
After a long process I found a company that agree to take me for this job and teach.Will be 2-week training, wages averages.THe give me a trial. From 3rd atemp I reversing van to top decker, big pressure to the neck. But can you say what basically the biggest mistake for a new car transporter job after training? What must do more carefully than teach at training?

Just wondered what Grammarly.com would make of it - install it on your computer or phone and select options from highlighted errors (it couldn’t understand atemp).

Lamposts when turning, steer the unit early :wink:

bbez:

Tree branches.

yourhavingalarf:

flammen:
Maybe he’s dyslexic, in which case a translator will actually work against him.

I don’t see why you think you have this guy ‘bang to rights’… I see people who are English on this very forum, writing in English just as broken, in any case, I repeat : what’s the problem?

That’s quite…

Vociferous for your 8th post on TN.

There isn’t a problem, I’m suggesting he’s been playing a fun game and I’m calling him out on it. As you can see from other posts on this very thread, I’m not alone in my theories.

You are not alone.

I used to reply to his posts, in likewise gibberish, but the forum commisarz don’t like it. They didn’t like my response to dozy’s relentless gibberish either, which earned me my invitation to the exclusive members club of this parish… :grimacing:

bbez:

Not many peak decks left old son

Bin Man:

bbez:

Tree branches.

only in summer esp if it rains

yourhavingalarf:

Andrejs:
Funny.Where you can see Google perfekti translate…y English better than Google translate.

Andrejs…

I assume your Latvian?

Uzziniet, kā ir iespējams izmantot Google tulkotāju, lai padarītu jūsu ziņas vieglāk lasāmas. Ievērojiet, kā gramatika un pareizrakstība ir pareiza.

Yet, I can’t speak a word of Latvian.

You Google translate this with mistakes.But you believe who thus is correct.How you know who it is without mistakes.

Keep up…

The charade. It’s brilliant.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHeLuPsOJJ4

Iandrummer81:
There’s a job just down the road from me going at BCA, all training given, different shifts offered…

8 - 10 hour shifts? I smell bs on that, and the wage doesn’t seem up to much either. It’s just 5 minutes away which would be handy as at the moment it’s an hour round trip to work.

First comment, I can offer some input on this. I started several months ago at BCA as a Class 2 transporter driver on Auction work. 8-10 hour days isn’t far from the truth. You’re expected to take 1 load out and bring 1 load back in. Some of the more experienced drivers (on both Class 1 + 2) start at 6am and are home by 2pm, 5 days a week. Since I started several months ago, I’ve had maybe two days go beyond 12 hours, but that was due to getting messed around by dealerships, and my total working hours over the weeks have not exceeded 55, averaging closer to 50. For what it’s worth, the training was also pretty good.

BCA absolutely has its flaws though…

Andrejs:

yourhavingalarf:

Andrejs:
Funny.Where you can see Google perfekti translate…y English better than Google translate.

Andrejs…

I assume your Latvian?

Uzziniet, kā ir iespējams izmantot Google tulkotāju, lai padarītu jūsu ziņas vieglāk lasāmas. Ievērojiet, kā gramatika un pareizrakstība ir pareiza.

You Google translate this with mistakes.But you believe who thus is correct.How you know who it is without mistakes.

I’ll go with Andrejs here, if you don’t speak Latvian, how do you know what it says, and if its correct or not.

The translation from google comes back in English as
“Learn how Google Translate can be used to make your posts easier to read. Notice how the grammar and spelling are correct”

"Uzziniet, kā var izmantot Google tulkotāju, lai jūsu ziņas būtu vieglāk lasāmas. Ievērojiet, kā gramatika un pareizrakstība ir pareiza " is what I got by copying the original Latvian post, going to English, then copying the English into another Google Translate window and going to Latvian.

Similar text, but not the same.

For instance Random: Here's Why You Should Never Use Google Translate To Localise Your Game | Nintendo Life

Itsarusemate:
First comment.

Cool…

Username.

Andrejs:

yourhavingalarf:

Andrejs:

Andrejs…

I assume your Latvian?

Well, at least you’re improving. or slipping…

At car transporter all the time must be in clean clothes.But what about safety shoes??

Andrejs:
At car transporter all the time must be in clean clothes.But what about safety shoes??

Once the weather breaks you’ll look like the coalman by the time you’ve loaded half a dozen cars, transporters usually have cleaned sides because all that muck is now on those clean clothes, if the option is still there grab a smock or two.
Yes of course you’ll need safety boots or when you drop a skid on your foot and break 3 toes no payee outee, when it was Walon they supplied boots that gripped really well on the decks, dunno what BCA are like, you’ll be surprised just how slippery a deck can be in the winter so best gripping boots you can get.
I suggest boots over shoes to protect your ankles, transporter decks are unforgiving and everything you come into contact with will hurt.
One thing i never thought of until after i packed the game in, get yourself a pair of gel knee pads, you’ll spend a lot of time on one or both knees wheelstrapping and those pads will save you much pain over time.

Itsarusemate:

Iandrummer81:
There’s a job just down the road from me going at BCA, all training given, different shifts offered…

8 - 10 hour shifts? I smell bs on that, and the wage doesn’t seem up to much either. It’s just 5 minutes away which would be handy as at the moment it’s an hour round trip to work.

First comment, I can offer some input on this. I started several months ago at BCA as a Class 2 transporter driver on Auction work. 8-10 hour days isn’t far from the truth. You’re expected to take 1 load out and bring 1 load back in. Some of the more experienced drivers (on both Class 1 + 2) start at 6am and are home by 2pm, 5 days a week. Since I started several months ago, I’ve had maybe two days go beyond 12 hours, but that was due to getting messed around by dealerships, and my total working hours over the weeks have not exceeded 55, averaging closer to 50. For what it’s worth, the training was also pretty good.

BCA absolutely has its flaws though…

Appreciate that mate, I’d be looking at the 4 on 4 off if anything, do you know about overtime rates?

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:

Roymondo:

yourhavingalarf:
Andrejs…

I assume your Latvian?

Remind me…

I’ve never…

:smiley: :smiley: