Abnormal parking bays in services

I know this has been mentioned before somewhere but tonight i have a trombone trailer on at 60ft I pulled into 2 services and the bays were taken up in 1 a 7.5 tonner had parked right in the middle! I had to go into a 15 and park in Gretna! Just asking as I’ve only ever pulled this trailer extend a few times and only ever done 1 night out with one!would like to know you what your views are and What would you do!? Thanks

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.007989,-3.082359

mozzer44:
I know this has been mentioned before somewhere but tonight i have a trombone trailer on at 60ft I pulled into 2 services and the bays were taken up in 1 a 7.5 tonner had parked right in the middle! I had to go into a 15 and park in Gretna! Just asking as I’ve only ever pulled this trailer extend a few times and only ever done 1 night out with one!would like to know you what your views are and What would you do!? Thanks

Block the entrance till the police arrive.

mozzer44:

Was it a fridge motor? :stuck_out_tongue:

i was having a 45 in the wide load bay at south mimms a couple of years ago…the rest of the trucks in the bay had curtains drawn…15 mins into my 45 a long load turned up…one of those big sections for the new bridge on the m1 i think…he sat there at the end of the bay blasting his horn and his ■■■■■■ man went down the row of trucks banging on the doors…i just upped and left…not sure what happened after?

Abnormal load parking at clackett lane, both sides, is always full of stuff that shouldn’t be there.

I used to pull a lot of 60ft rail on a trombone so used to pull up along side, which didnt block through traffic, and disappear into the services for at least 45 mins.

Quite often my return would be met with abuse from the driver who’d " just nipped in for a ■■■■" and was now running late.

A mate of mine pulls some really big stuff about and he loves pulling in late at night and knocking up sleeping drivers. He’s had the local plod out a few times where drivers refuse to move and they always back him. Being routed and with service areas obliged to provide abnormal load parking he will usually get parked up in the end.

Cheers
Neilf

Long load bay, knock them up they should not be in a long load bay ,i got clamped in the long load bay in Maidstone services, when i went for a expensive crap (£280)
Now theres no clampers just cameras, theres nowt to stop trucks parking in these bays

mozzer44:

Knock the cab till wakes up and ask him nicely to bugger off. Used to take pleasure in doing this at places like south mimms

Two choices really, move, or be blocked in…

I pulled into Toddington early hours this morning and ashamed to say that 1 of ours was parked in the ab bay. Another was parked on the car park (which I think is ok as he is keeping the noise away form the other drivers asleep in the lorry park).