Abnormal Load Laybys

Now dont know if this has been cover before but i will ask again ,Why does everyone with a C&U truck have to park in the abnormal load laybys in the services ?
Is it true that most C&U driver cant read, Or they cant park in normal bay , Or are they just plain Stupid,

trophyblue:
Now dont know if this has been cover before but i will ask again ,Why does everyone with a C&U truck have to park in the abnormal load laybys in the services ?
Is it true that most C&U driver cant read, Or they cant park in normal bay , Or are they just plain Stupid,

i do not know, but when i was doing wide loads it was bloody annoying when they where full with normal lorrys.

I cannot tell you either, but just like you I sometimes wonder why they do. Its just not in Services. there is 2 Abnormal Lay-by’s on the A34 at Newbury and if you were to go there right now I am sure you will find the normal in gauge lorries in there even though it says Abnormal Loads Only.

When I ws doing the Holiday Caravans it was just as bad then, and thats got to be 10 or 12 years ago. It will never change.

James

A while back i went into a motorway services with two 70ft loads only to find a couple artics parked in the abload layby i politly asked one to move to which he said no he had 15mins to go so we blocked him in lucky for him we were only having a 45 but really i dont think he will park in there again :confused: .Now i must add to anyone reading this on M6 at around 3/4 pm and 6/7am Please dont park in the abload laybys in Charnock Richard Services southbound Abloads arent allowed through Manchester Area during rush hour and that the last service they can go into :slight_smile:

trophyblue:
A while back i went into a motorway services with two 70ft loads only to find a couple artics parked in the abload layby i politly asked one to move to which he said no he had 15mins to go so we blocked him in lucky for him we were only having a 45 but really i dont think he will park in there again :confused: .Now i must add to anyone reading this on M6 at around 3/4 pm and 6/7am Please dont park in the abload laybys in Charnock Richard Services southbound Abloads arent allowed through Manchester Area during rush hour and that the last service they can go into :slight_smile:

All MSA’s have a duty to ensure the Abnormal bays are kept clear. I know youll say why should we but why not try ringing them to let them know of your eta so they can get someone to cone it off for you just a thought

Have you noticed that the so called Abnormal load lay-by’s in the Service’s are really just lay-bys trying to pass off as Ab-Norm Lay-bys.

Many a time in Rownham services (M27) heading towards Southampton Docks you get the big Cadzow’s in there and they are hanging out into the through road because of the width. and like you said especially in this Service Area some Container Driver’s park in there.

James

Some services have Abnormal load layby like Forton ,Charnock ,Stafford, you can park tr100 dumptruck and you dont block the road other’s are really long load laybys. ELV . Rownham you can park a tr100 and another tr100 can still pass by because its on straight part of road

i had a 70ft 4 metres wide load once had to park on birch over night.got there 3 foriengers in the long load bag as them to move but they said no as they could not get tv signal so i tunred round and said if u not move i would get police t o move them.lucky the police had followed me in and saw what was going on so told them to move or get booked for obstruction they soon moved.plus when i went to pay was told so long as u have a movement notice inthe window u could park for free on moto services at all times.so there was 18quid saved for parking