Abingdon truck stop

Is it still open,its the one through the one way system,river walks and good few pubs by river,not sure if free for hgv`s.Not many know it is there.Plenty of grub in the town.Industrial estate,not truck friendly,with no parking for hgv signs.

If its the one just over the river ,I think its still there but the last couple of times I tried it was full of ■■■■■■.

I stopped last Tues night, no problems at all,pubs are friendly.
£7 to park, council van did come round to check, that time of year with tourists about on the river boats.

Is there a post code and directions for this stop please
cheers
Steve

Used it loads of times, good place, good pubs, good people, but you can get the ■■■■■ problem, if there in there I always went and parked on the service road at Tesco’s, to far to walk in but you can get your grub and beer there.

gm:
cheers
Steve

bump

try ukmotorhomes.net site and click on uk over night stops
abingdon is known as Rye farm car park hope this helps
i live in abingdon :smiley:

pigpen:
try ukmotorhomes.net site and click on uk over night stops
abingdon is known as Rye farm car park hope this helps
i live in abingdon :smiley:

That’s quite a useful site!

Quite liked the last line on the night stops page:
“Several lorry parks are included in the listing, these may not be located in the most attractive surroundings or be the most restful places to park overnight!” :unamused: :unamused:

gm:

gm:
cheers
Steve

bump

Its on the A415 just south of Abingdon (just over the river bridge - think its first left after crossing). If you put ‘Abingdon Vale Cricket Club OX14 3HP’ into Google Maps you will see the Car/Truck Park on the opposite side of the road.
It looks a bit tight on the approach and the barriers into the car park throw you, but if you turn in, the road goes around the back of the carpark and avoids the low barriers.
Hope that helps.

:smiley: