Abergavenny

Good quiet night except for the owl but no seagulls or boy racers or drugies ,no fee 6 pm to 8 am car park off Monmouth rd ,weatherspoons in walking distance .

Punchy Dan:
Good quiet night except for the owl but no seagulls or boy racers or drugies ,no fee 6 pm to 8 am car park off Monmouth rd ,weatherspoons in walking distance .

Is that the one behind the bus depot Dan ?

Yes m8 it is ,although it’s a wonder the bus drivers haven’t complained about artics parking in the top bays as it makes it awkward for them to turn the corner .

I parked up in a lay-by on the A40 just outside Abergavenny and at about 7pm I got a knock from the local boys in blue. They suggested that if I wanted a tank of fuel in the morning (the same amount i’d parked with) then I’d be better off parking at the bus station TS. Very kind of them.

Abe itself was a good stop and as stated by the OP, quiet and had all the amenities

A40 ,A465 ,no go area ,up by Merthyr there’s drums and pipes left in the grass .

I was down that way on last week and ran out of hours on the A470 between Brecon and Merthyr. I had a night in a lay-by in some beautiful surroundings and got up without any bother at all.

You were lucky ,there’s a reservoir up that rd and there was a lot of caravans and transits near it .

Can you still park HGV’s here overnight opposite Aldi. Is it safe from fuel thieves, druggies, boy racers etc?