Aberdeenshire Hauliers

Does anybdoy have any photos of Aberdeenshire hauliers? Old or new in any type of work would be most welcome.

Cheers
Scott

I’ll get the ball rolling with one or two of a few motors I’ve driven and some locals.

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00006.JPG

Rossy Boys New Larry.JPG

MTL heavy haulage aberdeen euroscot,
all the scanias have been sold now.

thanks mark

scan0016.jpg

scan0008.jpg

scan0016.jpg

RTH-lubbers

V88 MTL in newcastle

scan0064.jpg

good pics , just got me thinking back to when i was multi dropping on the a-deen run… used to see lots of nice looking trucks but there was one i liked , now im sure it was tom shanks transport , what ever happened to them ■■?

Tom%20Shanks%20F88%20.jpg

gadge:
good pics , just got me thinking back to when i was multi dropping on the a-deen run… used to see lots of nice looking trucks but there was one i liked , now im sure it was tom shanks transport , what ever happened to them ■■?

i think they got brought out, cant remember who by?

love the lorn freight trucks, do you have any more?

ashley transport bought tom shanks then peterson sbs bought ashley if i remember correctly but am sure scottie0011 will manage too tell as this his line of work

Thanks for the photos guys. A few oldies including another Lorn Freight for euromat and a Tom Shanks for Gadge.

CIMG0224 (2).JPG

A few more.

was deep freeze suppliers taken over .or are they closed now

presto51:
was deep freeze suppliers taken over .or are they closed now

I’m not 100% sure what happened there but its Nolan Seafoods thats in their place in Aberdeen now.

great pics , cheers

scotstrucker:
ashley transport bought tom shanks then peterson sbs bought ashley if i remember correctly but am sure scottie0011 will manage too tell as this his line of work

Tam Shanks sold out to Allen Munros of Burscough (I think thats where they were from) who promptly cherry picked the best of the trucks for themselves and sold the rest, they kept 6 working local for a little while but eventually closed the doors. The Great Yarmouth side of the company was sold to A.M.P.S in GY who are still running about in the same colours.

The retail side of Deep Freeze were taken over by Woodwards and the haulage side was being run by a consortium of owner drivers for a while but that is all finished now as well.

one of gibbs parked next to me one sunday afternoon at smithfield

TAM SHANKS & VG MATHERS

ABERDEEN HAULAGE FIRMS

scan0137.jpg

MCWILLIAMS 86

scan0138.jpg

BARRACK ABERDEEN

twin splitter:
one of gibbs parked next to me one sunday afternoon at smithfield

Thats a cracking photo, my dad drove with Gibbs for 28 years.