Aberdeen promenade parking

We.ve a new drop just at the end of the harbour, saw a few trucks parked on the seafront during the day but can you park in the bit i.ve circled on a night? Be just handy for running up on a Sunday if i can as its 2 minutes from the job

We certainly stopped there last summer with the old motorhome when on holiday , but I could not swear If trucks can overnight. But he who dares Rodney !

Can’t help with the promenade but seen loads park up outside bucksburn manor pub/carvery,good meal in there,lidl n McDonald’s along same road

There’s a laybye kind of area postcode ab241fr … on corner school road golf road. And decent butty van there during the week.

Just set back next to golf course

have parked there a few times about 1.5 miles north of where you circled.
Was once told trucks park at the harbour where your suggest.but I haven’t as last time there was short on time and didn’t want drive around and be out of hours looking

You would be better of parking on York St just round the corner from where you have circled and have a walk round to the Fittie Bar on Wellington St, good grub and a good pint.

If you enter Aberdeen from the Stonehaven direction remember not to use the bridge with the width restriction . Go right at the roundabout and run with the river on your left. I was caught in a wee puddle jumper, and had to make a donation.

Well no ones said no so i.ll give it a go next week and see what happens

The only thing I remember parked on the Quay was about 2am a TNT oil rig support ship came in, they unloaded, ibc, gas cylinders, containers, pallets, drilling bits, pipes, etc.
It reloaded and buggered off about 5am, the quayside was quiet again. I was knackered running down to Yorkshire that day.

Can’t get my bearings on that pic…is it Torry area ?

Wheel Nut:
The only thing I remember parked on the Quay was about 2am a TNT oil rig support ship came in, they unloaded, ibc, gas cylinders, containers, pallets, drilling bits, pipes, etc.
It reloaded and buggered off about 5am, the quayside was quiet again. I was knackered running down to Yorkshire that day.

Sounds like place I parked in rugby once.
Was quiteish odd coming.going noise etc. Thought it would quiet down as the evening goes on.

Got to 7ish nice n quiet.
Them aroind 10 some factory kicked into life. And God all night was just a noise like.compressors and machinery operating all night. I couldt move hardly slept. And woke up with a banging headache

chaversdad:
Well no ones said no so i.ll give it a go next week and see what happens

What you have to remember is that the whole of Aberdeen has a 5t overnight parking restriction unless it’s in marked bays. The police don’t seem to bother you in industrial areas and I have in the past parked where you have circled, but as with anyplace it just takes one person to complain and then they are out with the ticket book.

nestrans.org.uk/wp-content/u … _Study.pdf

the oracle for choochter parking if you can be bothered .
its not a particulay friendly city for parking,but then again,where is in the uk?
go for a prowl,look for the signs,and dont open your door when the professionals knock it…unless there wanting back out again. :slight_smile:

I used to like the “then new” truck stop, it was clean and tidy with food beer and showers, plus it dragged a bit of the local “talent” in! Think it’s gone now.

dieseldog999:
http://www.nestrans.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Lorry_Parking_Study.pdf

the oracle for choochter parking if you can be bothered .
its not a particulay friendly city for parking,but then again,where is in the uk?
go for a prowl,look for the signs,and dont open your door when the professionals knock it…unless there wanting back out again. :slight_smile:

I did look at that once, it looks like a 2yr olds crayon book !

robroy:
Can’t get my bearings on that pic…is it Torry area ?

It’s the bit of beach behind Pocra Quay, Footdee end of the Esplanade. Opposite side of the harbour from Torry.