Aberdeen Area

I have worked for ARR Craib for the last 11yrs the pay is fine with them, in fact they pay a lot better than a lot of Scottish hauliers!!!

joeyd:
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows what the situation is regards driving jobs in the aberdeen area. Me and the beloved are thinking of moving up to that area but i dont know much about the job situation. I got a class 2 at the moment (taking class 1 test wednesday so hopefully will have that as well)

My wife would be able to get a job no problem but i just wanted to check if anyone drives in that area and knows the job prospects

Thanks

Joey

You may find something in the diminishing oil service industry with your class C or head up North to the Islands, Fancy Aberdeen to Shetland or Orkney? :stuck_out_tongue:

northwardsltd.co.uk/

You may find things a bit difficult for Artic work anyway as Aberdeen has lost 2 large papermills recently with the closure of BPB Davidsons at Mugiemoss and International Paper at Inverurie

there seems to be alot of jobs up that way recently, plus theres always the oilfield work up there aswell

gogzy:
there seems to be alot of jobs up that way recently, plus theres always the oilfield work up there aswell

reversing on a oil rig is a tad tight though

localjobs
yourjob.ajl.co.uk/

sample job

Bookmark and Share
LGV C Driver

LGV C Driver Required Fast Expanding Company based in Aberdeen are looking for keen, fit, enthusiastic, customer friendly driver , good communication skills Job includes collecting and shredding paper at clients offices, expect much heavy lifting. Candidate must have no criminal record and clean driving licence. 44 hour/4 day week. OTE with Bonus/Pension £22,500 + Send e-mail CV’s to Paul Mitchell on csseos@shredit.com
Vacancy Summary

Job Type
Permanent
Start Date
ASAP
Duration
Permanent
Salary
£22,500.00 Good
Ref No:
189754-093596524
Date Advertised
05 Jun 2010

there is a few cat c and cat c+e jobs advertised seems to be picking up

also worth speaking to guys and galls at

Cover Crew Ltd
www.covercrew.co.uk
141 Crown Street
Aberdeen AB11 6HP
01224 211 113

i got on ok with them when i worked there a couple of years ago

manpower and driverhire are also very active in aberdeen as well

Holy thread revival batman :exclamation:

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows what the situation is regards driving jobs in the aberdeen area. Me and the beloved are thinking of moving up to that area but i dont know much about the job situation. I got a class 2 at the moment (taking class 1 test wednesday so hopefully will have that as well)

My wife would be able to get a job no problem but i just wanted to check if anyone drives in that area and knows the job prospects

Thanks

Joey

ARR Craib are always advertising, and they run some rigids too.

Not sure whether they will take new drivers or even sassenachs though :stuck_out_tongue:

One of the members in a skirt will probably know more :smiley:

Not sure whether they will take new drivers or even sassenachs though

yes we’ll use them as road sweepers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

as for the land of sheep,there ain’t alot up in that area,as wheelnut has said arr,craib advertise for drivers,but i don’t think the pay is up to much.they are based at dyce airport across from dhl,but good luck :laughing: :laughing:

Your best bet is to get a local paper and see whats about you could also phone the agency’s to see what sort of contracts they have.