Abbey Road Tanks

Has anyone got any recent comments / experience on working for Abbey … done the search thingy … just wondered if any one was on for them at present ?
I heard they now had powder tanks @ Newton Aycliffe and Middlesboro ■■
Also heard you are expected to “cab hop” for a while before getting an allocated motor ?
Yes i’ve seen post on Jobs page looking for drivers in Zeebee !

I was talking a fella out of Trafford park for them and he recond it’s a blind job, all cadburys stuff plenty of money and plenty of euro stuff, only problem lorries are limited to 50 mph.

jessicas dad:
I was talking a fella out of Trafford park for them and he recond it’s a blind job, all cadburys stuff plenty of money and plenty of euro stuff, only problem lorries are limited to 50 mph.

They have adverts for recruiting quite regularly, not usually the sign of a good job.

But, they might just be expanding?

jessicas dad:

£8 ph @ Belvedere…blinding money… :unamused:

44 Tonne Ton:

jessicas dad:

£8 ph @ Belvedere…blinding money… :unamused:

Don’t shoot the messenger. :grimacing:

They deliver bulk fats to the company I work for. According to the regulars that come in Nights out are frowned upon and to be avoided at all costs. If it’s going to be a case of waiting for room in one of our bulk tanks and the drivers wont make it back in time they like to get them to drop the trailers and drive back. The units look fairly new and looked after.

My mate and his dad work out of Hull and are away all week as a rule.They have some ■■■■ tackle aswell as some good stuff but you wont get out decent until you have cab hopped for a while.You get your tank took off you regularly and if you moan about it you wont see it for a while!Quite a bit of sitting around on certain jobs.They bought out Stephensons is it from Macclesfield? They do powder tanks now aswell but my mate does oils.Most are limited to 50 but some are quicker.You can get weekended out at times,if you run over the water you will have more chance of getting a decent truck.Think its about £600-£650 take home for away all week.Office staff seem rather petty at times and if it doesnt suit they will just mess you about more.

they don’t take anyone on doing 4 on 4 off any more.
they do the job 100% legal, and i’ve never heard a bad thing about them. i have two mates that drive for them, they have been there several years. they both have a very good standard of living.
don’t be put off by thinking it’s a blanket £8 per hour, there’s more to the money than just that.
the office staff work with you. and they have a good sense of humour.

limeyphil:
they don’t take anyone on doing 4 on 4 off any more.
they do the job 100% legal, and i’ve never heard a bad thing about them. i have two mates that drive for them, they have been there several years. they both have a very good standard of living.
don’t be put off by thinking it’s a blanket £8 per hour, there’s more to the money than just that.
the office staff work with you. and they have a good sense of humour.

Limeyphil has been stolen and somebody else is using his name to post sensible advice :laughing: