Abbey road tanks liverpool

hi all

still looking for that good job . any info on abbey road tanks would be grateful

they are advertising in the local press. never done tanks before

regards
ricky

Have you got cat H on your licence?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Abbey Road Tanks, fromerly Charles Lucy, aka Yeoward Brothers.

Based in Hull, London and Liverpool with a few outbased drivers. Food Products only, Mainly edible oils from Cargill, Anglia Oils and Pura Foods.

from previous knowledge, pounds of flesh are required,

A friend of mine has left them to work for Longs of Leeds, make your mind up from that

They’ve been advertising in my area - for about 6 months now - and will probably still be for another 6 months,

:sunglasses:… here’s why :

£7 per hour for the first 47 hours and £8 per hour after. ( :exclamation: )

er, shouldn’t that be time and a half after 40 hours - it is everywhere else in this area. Also, I think £7 is a pretty low base rate to be starting from when you are in sole charge of 120 grands worth of food grade artic tanker, even when running empty. :open_mouth:

The job is liquid chocolate out of (and based at) the Barry Callebaut factory in Chester. Actros units, mid and long distance, I’m not sure if it involves running back empty or not. “We are willing to consider LGV class 1 drivers without previous tanker experience”.

Or in other words : … somebody ?.. anybody ?.. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
A friend of mine has left them to work for Longs of Leeds, make your mind up from that

That’s got to be as damming a recommendation as possible!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

a friends dad works for them there ok if you stand your ground moter are mainly daf space cabs and high roof mercs as any where you will have to work but as far a i know its all straight and legal now

It may be too late now but

DO NOT work for them… my grandad just retired from there and it was the best thing he ever done.

They want you to run bent all the time… expect you to be in places quicker than a plane can get there.

My grandad turned 65 last year and he stayed on for a year. they treated him like [zb] for a full year. was constantly cab hoping for a year and wasnt gettin extra money for it which he was suppose to.

If you do anything wrong, your in the bad books for ever. Within the last year or 2 a new transport manager started and from the start he turned into a right [zb]. Nobody in there likes the boss and my grandad told him that and he didnt like it.

A few days before my grandad left he had a big argument with the boss and the 2 of them where giving it the bifters.

I would not recommend this place to anybody at all.

(If you need to use stars, the word isn’t allowed :open_mouth: :smiley: .Simon)

Wheel Nut:

what do you mean by that i used to work for longs they are a good firm just a bit tight with the money.
the hull drivers are better off than the leeds drivers i bet all the leeds drivers wish they could transfer to the hull depot.

Flippin’eck Alex (JD)!!!

In times past I have done agency work for them (amongst quite a few other firms) and I can definately state that they are the worst company I have ever worked for!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

well to be fair i suppose your right i was there 3 years it was ok bit crap on the money but job was ok but i used it to get experiance so looking the job was ok the main gripe was that they never told you what you are doing its alway give us a ring when your empty then it was phone us from tilbury never told you what you was doing always phone in phone in.
so it is bad from that point of view but i didnt mind it so much.

I know of 4 drivers working at Abbey and they ALL said it was a great job…people great and money good… regarding running bent, they DO NOT allow it but you can earn a good wage anyway.

They are becoming a big company becuase there reputation is getting better all the time, obviously some people will fall out or dont like the job but overall, you have to look at the way this company has grown and think… they must be a good company to be one of the biggest tanker firms about!

I have applied to work their but haven’t enough experience yet… waiting list in most depots so must be good!! I have seen the equipment on the motorways a lot and to be fair, it is always spot on and clean.