Abbey logistics Liverpool

Anyone on here work for them or know much about them? Working conditions, pay, what kind of work they do? Cheers

They wrote on the bottom of my agency timesheet “Prefer not to use this driver again”

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All I did was to refuse to take a vehicle out with a n/s mirror held together with Sellotape and a 18" crack in the bottom of the windscreen.
Apparently that is classed as being awkward and costing them time and money repairing the unit before it goes out!!

Also had issues not being able to restrain loads there.
Myself and a few lads I drink with steer well away doing any shifts for them.
This was 18 months ago.

Didn’t think they would be like they, fleet usually looks in good nick, just seen jobs advertised for them full time but never came across anyone who works for them

Another time my mate was given a trailer with all the lights on the n/s not illuminated, so he refused it and was given another trailer.

An abbey employed driver came in and was going to hook up to the VOR trailer, so me and my mate told this driver that lights weren’t working on it.

He phoned the office to tell them that he would not be taking it either. He was told to hook up to that trailer or look for another job.

This was in a satellite yard at Ellesmere Port.

I did a few agency shifts for them about 6 months ago and concur with Chester. The last one I did I was given what can only be described as a yard shunter, I got oily hands from the steering wheel and was expected to do a night out in it, needless to say that I didn’t. After that I’d take a day off if abbeys was the only work offered, none of the drivers had a good word about them. They’re one of them firms where you have to fend for yourself.

Sounds a nice place cheers for the info i think I’ll be avoiding that one

One off there adverts says prepare to cab hop for nine months !