ABBEY Chester area

I just wanted to know if anyone has any information on Abbey depots in the Chester area. I’m thinking of applying but I’d rather be on the tanker side of things. (no ADR, that ran out in 2012) Are the depots in my area tankers or curtainsiders? Oh, and does anyone know what they’re like to work for? Is it worth me leaving a job I know (even though its pretty poor wages) and move to Abbey? Any help or advise is welcome.

Dave

The main depot ?

Abbey Road Tanks Ltd.
2 Brasenose Road, Millers Bridge
Bootle
L20 8HE
Liverpool

PHONE NUMBER:
0151 933 0999

They pull out of Levers in Port sunlight a lot - no idea about pay or T’s & C’s

Thanks for that pal. I’m after info on weather or not the tankers go from ellesmere port and if so, will I need adr or not? Seems like an ok company to work for but I don’t know weather or not to wait a few months and see what happens to the wages everywhere else after this CPC thing happens

IF the great driver shortage happens, speculative at best, wages will creep up slowly so it could be a bit of a wait.
Personally I cant see massive rate rises within weeks or a couple of months.

Aint got many details. but a mate went to british salt at Midlewich for a driver assessment for Abbey.
Saw a Abbey unit with one of there tanks yesterday, Non ADR.

I’m not to sure about nowadays ,
I had a mate who worked there years ago based in London doing oil out of Pura ,he loved it and was paid well , all there liquid tankers used to be food grade only carrying oil ,chocolate , glucose ,
Just put abbey road tankers in the search bar on here and you should find plenty of info .

My mate went for an interview with them in London.
They guarantee you 50 hrs per week ( not sure how that relates to 48 hrs per week average you should do per week according to WTD), the pay in London is 9 ph and 11 ph after 50 hrs, something over 12 ph for working Saturdays and something over 13 for working Sundays and yes they do require you to work Saturdays and Sundays.
There is a few quid bonus for driving in an environmentally friendly manner.
My mate didn’t take the job as it wasn’t anything better then what he was getting paid at his place for the hours he would have to put in.
I know they’ve been looking for drivers since end of April and I’ve seen their adverts online throughout May , June , July mentioning no money, and then I found this one posted it says 25 days ago, mentioning money, so I guess they weren’t getting enough drivers and decided to throw a big number to entice people

jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob. … ID=9144976

Someone might want to explain to me how do you get paid this much having in mind you need to be within 48 hrs per week on average during your reference period and getting paid rates I mentioned above.
Obviously it is not for 48 hrs per week, but for much more, plus nights money are being included.
They do not pay for parking at services, they have SNAP account.

Hope this helps.

Just checked their website, they’are still looking for drivers in London, actually they are looking for drivers all over the country.

hkloss1:
My mate went for an interview with them in London.
They guarantee you 50 hrs per week ( not sure how that relates to 48 hrs per week average you should do per week according to WTD), the pay in London is 9 ph and 11 ph after 50 hrs, something over 12 ph for working Saturdays and something over 13 for working Sundays and yes they do require you to work Saturdays and Sundays.
There is a few quid bonus for driving in an environmentally friendly manner.
My mate didn’t take the job as it wasn’t anything better then what he was getting paid at his place for the hours he would have to put in.
I know they’ve been looking for drivers since end of April and I’ve seen their adverts online throughout May , June , July mentioning no money, and then I found this one posted it says 25 days ago, mentioning money, so I guess they weren’t getting enough drivers and decided to throw a big number to entice people

jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob. … ID=9144976

Someone might want to explain to me how do you get paid this much having in mind you need to be within 48 hrs per week on average during your reference period and getting paid rates I mentioned above.
Obviously it is not for 48 hrs per week, but for much more, plus nights money are being included.
They do not pay for parking at services, they have SNAP account.

Hope this helps.

It’s easy. 48 hours is only working time, breaks and POA don’t count.

it’s not general haulage, they service a contract so there is hardly any waiting around, so how do they get so many POAs? lol
50 hrs x 9 quid = 450 quid
how do you find another 270 quid? and at 450 quid you are already 2 hrs over your 48 hrs limit for the week