Abandoned Truck M6?

Just passed an overturned truck just before J44 south M6. Any ideas?

Didn’t clock it properly as it took me a bit by surprise no warning or anything, it was just lying there on the hard shoulder in the dark!! Was a 62 plate I think but it looks like they will be leaving it until after the weekend?

Noticed it myself as i passed this morning, looks as if it’s been blown over in the wind.

I’m sure it was one of home bargains trailers been pulled by a subbie (Pringle of Carluke perhaps?)

Didn’t look badly damaged…apart from the n/s mirror :wink:

fredthered:

Didn’t clock it properly as it took me a bit by surprise no warning or anything, it was just lying there on the hard shoulder in the dark!!

May be the driver was still in the cab. :blush:

Ok guys, this went over in the high winds yesterday morning (Friday) it was too windy yesterday to recover it, it’s actually in the process of being recovered right now (Saturday 11pm) it’s estimated that it will take 2 hours to recover it, then any damage to road furniture needs sorting (if there is any) plus a general clean up of the area. It will be gone by morning.

Jakdaw:

fredthered:

Didn’t clock it properly as it took me a bit by surprise no warning or anything, it was just lying there on the hard shoulder in the dark!!

May be the driver was still in the cab. :blush:

I was on the phone to my dad as he went past. I said the same but by then he was too far past to do anything. The police should’ve put some lights up so people knew what was going on.

My mrs recently had a bang,the car was driven off road and put on wide path,it was wrapped in loads of tape / police aware signs on it and it was picked up within a hour,maybe there was something on truck just couldn’t be seen at night.

It wasn’t on the hard shoulder, but fully on the grass verge, not making a big show of it stops the rubber-neckers, no need to light it all up like blackpool towers.

I was told by one of their own drivers that they had three go over on Friday and one jack knife but they were still being sent out and told to ‘do your best’!

Apparently the police considered the company (not Home Bargains or Pringle by the way) irresponsible! To be fair and balanced though they were running back empty!

Can’t do enough for a good firm apparently!!! :wink:

The real Biffo:
It wasn’t on the hard shoulder, but fully on the grass verge, not making a big show of it stops the rubber-neckers, no need to light it all up like blackpool towers.

A couple of lights facing the other way would’ve sufficed. How was anyone supposed to know he hadn’t just gone over and needed help ?

There was at least 1 cone & light, and we did ask them to upt another couple up

I have been informed that it was a B & M unit, not Pringles with a Home Bargains trailer.
In strong winds its a case of dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t. I don’t think its company policy to get you to move under those conditions, more like planners trying to achieve their quotas for the day and if it goes ■■■■ up, the driver should of known better.