ab textile

just a query…

ive quite a few of their trailers being pulled by top of the range units. the units look like owner drivers.

what are they all about anybody any ideas. :question: :question: :question:

Do you mean A B Texel?

yes thats them. im just wondering about them thats all.

now i had the right spelling i found a website about them on google but it was in some foreign langugage… i think it was welsh.

looks like something to do with vegatables.

That’s where I’ve seen them - they pull spuds into Walkers Snacks.

Bulk potatoes into just about every chip/crisp factory and frozen finished goods out.Obviously the owner driver’s have to have better units then there own yellow/blue crap.
Same sort of subject I notice DFDS trailers pulled by the new units with DSV on their topliners,what’s all that about?

disgo:
Bulk potatoes into just about every chip/crisp factory and frozen finished goods out.Obviously the owner driver’s have to have better units then there own yellow/blue crap.
Same sort of subject I notice DFDS trailers pulled by the new units with DSV on their topliners,what’s all that about?

Think DSV is new name for DSDF after they took over Frans Maas

Mate works for AB Texel on bulkerscoleecting spuds from around the UK and France/Belgium for processing at Walkers Crisps, Leicester and McCains chips at Scarborough. He says that it’s a cracking job, 6 on 3 off, but then again he did use to work for the Fredericks brothers (HSF) :unamused:

bakkers of texel, bulk spuds, got dutch polish and english registered trucks

there was a write up about an english guy with a white daf in truck and driver a couple of years ago on them

JD, I think you will find Welsh was spoken in this country long before English (which of course originated from the FOREIGN French)…and I’m English before the anti-Welsh jibes.

Patches:
JD, I think you will find Welsh was spoken in this country long before English (which of course originated from the FOREIGN French)…and I’m English before the anti-Welsh jibes.

Most of the English I hear spoken derives more from ypur Anglo-Saxon, rather than Frog! :laughing: :laughing:

Jed:

disgo:

You’re right, and in the UK the motors you will see are probably Hanbury Davies ones.

see this info:

HANBURY DAVIES PURCHASES DFDS TRANSPORT’S UK PORT HAULAGE DIVISION
DFDS Transport, one of the fastest-growing transport and logistics companies in the UK and Ireland, has sold its port haulage operation at Ipswich to another growing company, Hanbury Davies Containers Limited.
The sale of the £9 million turnover port haulage business to Felixstowe-based Hanbury Davies Containers, effective from August 2, 2002, sees the transfer of 105 staff and 80 vehicles. Terms of the agreement have not been disclosed.
Bob Faichnie, Director of DFDS Transport, said: “Our port haulage business is a stand alone operation at Ipswich that provides services to incoming charter vessels. We have been looking for a suitable buyer for this part of our business as it is not one of DFDS Transport’s strategic areas for growth. The agreement with locally-based Hanbury Davies safeguards the future of our port haulage staff and allows us to concentrate on our core business activities.”
Ian Wilson, Managing Director of Hanbury Davies Containers, said: “This acquisition demonstrates our on-going commitment to the port-based maritime haulage industry, despite it being a very difficult market in which to operate. The integration of the port haulage operation of DFDS Transport in Ipswich, which complements our existing business, will bring economies of scale, enabling us to remain strong in the market place both in terms of operational efficiency and customer service.”

As far as the Texel motors are concerned I assume you mean these ones?

Dave, the word Anglo actually derives from “Frog”…shame you have to use such a zenophopic term though. Good job not all people dislike foreigners isn’t it ?[/i]

Patches:
Dave, the word Anglo actually derives from “Frog”…shame you have to use such a zenophopic term though. Good job not all people dislike foreigners isn’t it ?[/i]

I think you will find the word is Xenophobic :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

they’re in walkers at leicester a lot, pulling all sorts of trailers. most are polish registered.

Merci Smcaul, it’s all Greek to me :wink:

Jed:

disgo:

DFDS was always traded on the Danish stockmarket as DSV, i dont know what it stands for thou, when they bought out Frans Maas they re-named themselves DSV. Thats the long and short of it.

There are a lot of East Germans pulling the bulkers too. They occasionally carry cocoa beans for us. I see them in a lot of chocolate factories I visit.

I came over from Europoort on Thursday night and there was a low loader delivering a couple of new DAF to AB Texel, these motors were right hand drive and UK registered.

Looks like they are advertising for farmer types to drive them.

bakkertexel.com/GB/index.html

The Welsh language you spoke of was Polish

just looked at their site, so what would "market conforms pay schemes" amount to? And in whose market? British, or polski??