Aamazon offering Shipping advert?

I notice today how shopping is mostly done at the major chains, when I was younger they existed, but had just as many independent stores, these were pushed out and eventually purchased by the major chains, then even privately owned chains were bought up, and now today everyone suffers through inflated prices…

Just watched an advert by Amazon for shipping for outside companies. So is the same thing going to happen again, and smaller haulage gets swallowed up, as their automated systems and economies of scale means they’ll be able to push out competition through price ? Obviously eventually when little to no competition is left, they will control price, and yes companies contract to Amazon, but currently there are options for them to choose, and just wondering what others think, this may lead to, or already is?

Ask as never seen the ad before, and maybe they’ve been doing this for a while ?

Most of the stuff sold on Amazon isn’t sold by Amazon but by third party companies. They’ll put stock in an Amazon fulfilment centre which is advertised for sale on Amazon’s website and Amazon pick, pack and deliver.

Conor:
Most of the stuff sold on Amazon isn’t sold by Amazon but by third party companies. They’ll put stock in an Amazon fulfilment centre which is advertised for sale on Amazon’s website and Amazon pick, pack and deliver.

I’ve misunderstood it then lol…
Came across as if they were starting to do the shippijg for everyday companies.

Did quick Google search and did find the below… (but yeah misunderstood the advert lol)

“Another sector conquered: Amazon Logistics is now the UK’s second largest parcel delivery serivice”

businessleader.co.uk/anothe … next%20day.

Old article though… just wouldn’t be surprised if they do eventually spread even further into logistics, UK would be easy target for them, as smaller and Goverment is greedy, plus their infrastructure is highly automated, its smaller boxes etc at moment, but see all warehouses using similar robotics on much larger scale.

Link to YouTube… glad not in a warehouse as wont be needing people much longer.

Fear mongering Sunday :laughing: :laughing: makes me glad I’m old :smiley:

I’m a little…

Confused (nothing new), isn’t it all about just robots, AI and full automation?

They can pick strawberries with robots youtu.be/FCivsotZEjk

The only argument left is how much are they gonna give us all for sitting on our backsides at home doing and nothing… right?

Do you mean this? Where Amazon will use their hauliers to collect and deliver non related Amazon work? freight.amazon.co.uk/

Amazon AMZN -1.71%decrease; red down pointing triangle.com Inc. has rapidly built a sprawling network to move merchandise around the nation’s highways. Many of the trucking companies it hired for all that driving are more dangerous than their peers, sometimes fatally so.

The above statement is from The Wall Street Journal. The trucking companies hauling Amazon trailers in the US seem to have a low standard of driving.

You may not have noticed that pallet system companies have been doing this for years. It is a long time since shipping anything short of a full load of palletised goods by a local haulier not part of one of these groups was a viable option.

Pallet systems, using central hubs (Derby and Lichfield are popular) can offer next-day delivery all over the country for far less than the cost of sending a truck, or even a van. Pallets and parcels present different problems and require different solutions.

Amazon DO do shipping for 3rd party customers.

Up until last year, and not long before they went ■■■■ up, I worked for a Hyde based parcel company who used Amazon to move their stuff about until they developed their own network. They also used Royal Mail.

Parcels were consolidated at Hyde, and then Amazon hauliers came in and took it away to be delivered.

Ken.

Truth be told, I didn’t realise how far it had all travelled, thought most was still just starting and years to go… obviously not…

Not so bothered about being old and knackered now… timed life right ! :smiley:

Then again this means those woke fkers might be sat next to me in the pub moaning when Im retired. :confused:

Amazon needs its reach stopped or will eventually become more powerfull than country’s… sure watched a movie about similar, didn’t end well…