Aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!!

Started with an agency today,was given a multi-drop job and
clipped a pillar so the tail lift wouldnt work. :frowning:
I made a extra wide turn on the wagon but over compensated and clipped the rear on the drivers side.
Company wasnt too happy.
But cest la vie!

p.s, why do they give you shop address,s when you have to find the service entrance to tipp your load.

Nice :blush:

Done the same last week whilst entereing a ally to make a delevery to a store, it had a nice little kink half way up with parked cars & garages, as i negotiated the kink the rear swung out & ripped a metal post out of the ground & a few paving slabs with it.
I got out to look some guy said you done that I replied ā€œNah it was like it when i got hereā€ :laughing: :wink:
I used the same truck two days later Tail lift sounds like it needs lubricating :wink: hmm

Robā€¦

Thats the bad thing about agency in my mind.
I have been driving rear steer for the past fortnight then today jumped in this daft (lets make it as long as we possibaly can) mercedees and next thing BANG!!

I want a nice easy trunking job PLEASE !! lol
no multi drops in Blackburn town centre.
Did it under ground by argos and t.g huges.

starlocation:
(lets make it as long as we possibaly can) mercedees

I drive one of those long Mercs - got a beast of a kick out on them if your not careful. Did you have fun using the side door :laughing: :laughing:

Without wanting to sound like an instructor.

MIRRORS

:laughing:

I keep mine clean :laughing:

Without wanting to sound like an instructor.

MIRRORS

Yep! Thatā€™s the answer :laughing:

Hi
Cheers for the replies

Yes the side door is a waste of time had frozen in there so even though i was sent to bays,i had to pull forward , handball the stuff in cage,push cage up a hill,and the hand ball out again up a bay.
Maybe a banged it early so i couldn,t finish my run lol

All in all though
i agree with everyone.
i was getting to confident and relaxed driving.
and needed a little bang to get me thinking again.
I will always use my mirriors and not be embarrasssed to shunt.
(less embarrassing than picking up your tail lift lol)

Thank god i didnt damage any property or people.

Lesson learnt the hard way

starlocation:
p.s, why do they give you shop address,s when you have to find the service entrance to tipp your load.

thats why i yell.commed every iceland shop that is covered by the livingston depot. i have had a month solid with them so i created a folder of maps with the address and number of the shop. if i cant get directions from a driver, get to the area and call the shop :sunglasses:

Hi just done a 22 multi-drop for B+Q
Now today was a tough day.
18 Tonne curtain sided scania in residential streets.
So close to cars i almost was sick.

but no mistakes or scratches
so feel alot better now.

Had to reverse out of a lot of dodgy estates,
Wild corners and even wilder children circling the wagon like mad max on their mountain bikes.

To any newbie
like myself.
"Truck driving is not a easy career path.

This hgv driving is a tough number, and anyone who says truck drivers are only steering wheel attendants needs to spend a day in the cab.

been there filled the insurance forms! most agency multi-drop jobs are the same you nearly always get the night-mare routes,but its the best way to gain experince.just a quick tip i used to always put the next shop number of the shop on my moby before i continued on route and if it wasnt easy to find,made a call, or even pull-up out-side the front for a minute,and run in and ask.ive had quite a few attractive young ladies jump into my cab to show me the way around the back,remarking how ā€˜gosh its so bigā€™ belive me you will be able to drive in your sleep after compliments like that! best of luck :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

you dont get the proper address because theres no real rush for the goods
to repeat 70% of delivery notes are wrong
also if you dont have the info on the first bit of paper wade thru the other notes
stapled 6 times to your d/n
failing that just go in the back and trample over the goods its not your fault that they will be damaged but the cretins who cant fill in the paperwork correctly

Some suppliers are so used to their regular drivers that the delivery addres will be something like.
eg
Sainsburys
Biggleswade
Biggleswade
post code if your lucky

remember a purpose built lidl shop in hoyton (liverpool) first driver down came back with half a cab second driver down left the metal frame of the back of the trailer there ie support metal then it was my turn with a newbee both experienced drivers took us 45 minutes to do it couldnt face that evrey day but no damage job done if shops wanted us to deliver to them someone somewhere might think about it at the planning stage :laughing:

scanny77:
thats why i yell.commed every iceland shop that is covered by the livingston depot. i have had a month solid with them so i created a folder of maps with the address and number of the shop.

Earlier today I had a conversation with someone and the subject of ā€˜The Folderā€™ came up. It was, err, interesting and all I can say scanny is

Coffeeholic:

scanny77:
thats why i yell.commed every iceland shop that is covered by the livingston depot. i have had a month solid with them so i created a folder of maps with the address and number of the shop.

Earlier today I had a conversation with someone and the subject of ā€˜The Folderā€™ came up. It was, err, interesting and all I can say scanny is

dont worry, its natural human behaviour to feel threatened by the next generation. evolution and all that :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

scanny77:
dont worry, its natural human behaviour to feel threatened by the next generation. evolution and all that :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp:

From the man who earlier (In a different thread) said

scanny77:
its a gizmo. if it was a map, it would be called a map and ordnance survey would make them. dont you listen to radio 2?

:question: :question: :question: :question:

I can only reiterate

scanny77:

starlocation:

thats why i yell.commed every iceland shop that is covered by the livingston depot. i have had a month solid with them so i created a folder of maps with the address and number of the shop. if i cant get directions from a driver, get to the area and call the shop :sunglasses:

I stop when get near the Store,stop a Taxi and do the Ā£5.- to the Expenses