aa

aa

The lengths these companies will go to… What will be new low when these guys pack up with other people’s money in their account after a couple of weeks

‘Your earning potential in a C+E Vehicle is up to 40k a year’ would love to know what company pays this sort of money out for drivers!! :unamused: :unamused:

I would steer very very clear of this lot.

Sam Millar:
I would steer very very clear of this lot.

Sadly, there’s enough stoopid folk that will fall for it to make it very lucrative for them.

Best thing to do is ring that 0800 number & have some fun with them untill they run out of credit & the number gets cut off.

According to them, all their centres are DSA Approved - THEY ARE NOT!! This is just an old-fashioned lie.

Secondly, the jobs are with DHL and Stobarts because they have contracts with them. Wonder if DHL and Stobarts know about that!! Doubt it.

The “refund if you haven’t got a job in 7 days” has, apparently, been “done for long time”. Don’t know how long these people have been trading but I’ve never heard of them before so I don’t know what “a long time” actually means.

Apart from that, the salesman was useless - didn’t even try to get my details!!

I am aware that our Money Back Guarantee Course may look iffy. The big difference is that this course is offered by a trainer with 40 years in the job and a reputation second to none. Oh yes, and DSA Accredited. Quite different to someone hiding behind just a website.

As always, buyer beware. When people are telling downright lies both on their website and verbally, I wouldn’t trust them further than I could throw them. I’ve got a nasty feeling that a lot of folk will loose their hard-earned with this outfit - - though I have no proof of that of course. It’s just a feeling.

Best of luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
According to them, all their centres are DSA Approved - THEY ARE NOT!! This is just an old-fashioned lie.

Secondly, the jobs are with DHL and Stobarts because they have contracts with them. Wonder if DHL and Stobarts know about that!! Doubt it.

The “refund if you haven’t got a job in 7 days” has, apparently, been “done for long time”. Don’t know how long these people have been trading but I’ve never heard of them before so I don’t know what “a long time” actually means.

Apart from that, the salesman was useless - didn’t even try to get my details!!

I am aware that our Money Back Guarantee Course may look iffy. The big difference is that this course is offered by a trainer with 40 years in the job and a reputation second to none. Oh yes, and DSA Accredited. Quite different to someone hiding behind just a website.

As always, buyer beware. When people are telling downright lies both on their website and verbally, I wouldn’t trust them further than I could throw them. I’ve got a nasty feeling that a lot of folk will loose their hard-earned with this outfit - - though I have no proof of that of course. It’s just a feeling.

Best of luck all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

they sound like Clearstone to me and my gut feeling is telling me that this is a scam

A whois search links them to Direct LGV.

A simple copy & paste of snippets of text from the website in Google & it brings up several similar websites.

I’m not saying there’s any organised link between them, it could be an entirely independant conman operating this pathetic attempt, but then there does seem to be a common theme that runs through most of them.

It’s not worth entering any kind of debate of whether or not they are legitimate, it’s not worth discussing if their claims are viable, it’s not even worthy of any kind of thought or effort at all.

It’s a SCAM.

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID
Their website was registered on 26th october THIS YEAR and only registered for a year, nothing on companies house yet, their address is some poxy office block, I think their name is very apt cos the money is only going to go ONE WAY!!

I wonder if the RHA are aware that this company are allegedly registered with them, may be Rikki & the team could find out :bulb:

From Godaddy.com

Registrant:
one way hgv

160 marie parade
brighton, east sussex bn2 1ej
United Kingdom

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ONEWAYHGV.COM
Created on: 26-Oct-11
Expires on: 26-Oct-12
Last Updated on: 26-Oct-11

Administrative Contact:
javaid, fawad sales@direct-hgv.co.uk
one way hgv
160 marie parade
brighton, east sussex bn2 1ej
United Kingdom

Anyone that cant spell his own address…

Direct HGV info:

Name & Registered Office:
DIRECT HGV LIMITED
9 BORROWDALE CLOSE we’ve seen this address before, with a simillar scam company
CRAWLEY
ENGLAND
RH118SH
Company No. 07822921

Date of Incorporation: 25/10/2011

dd.

This is the Terms & Conditions page from the website:

One Way HGV TRAINING SERVICES (“One Way HGV”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS 1. Obligations of the “Trainee Driver” (anyone who has made a deposit or part payment towards any training course offered by One Way HGV): (a) The Trainee Driver will provide accurate and full information to One Way HGV at all times (b) The Trainee Driver will be in possession of all necessary legal driving documents at all times while undertaking an One Way HGV course (c) On the day of their Theory or Practical driving test, the Trainee Driver will show to the Theory Test centre and DSA examiner a form of photographic ID, their current driving licence, the correct entitlement and, where appropriate, a valid Theory Test pass certificate. If these conditions are not met, the Trainee Driver will fail the test and forfeit all monies paid in relation to that test (d) If the Trainee Driver is considered by One Way HGV or its accredited Training Partners to be under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs at any time, the course will be terminated and all relevant fees will be forfeited (e) It is the responsibility of the Trainee Driver to ensure that the correct provisional entitlement has been added to his/her driving licence by the DVLA. Any Trainee Driver without the correct entitlement on their licence is not legally allowed to train and all monies paid towards that course will be forfeited (f) It is the responsibility of the Trainee Driver to ensure their driving licence is valid. If a Trainee Driver is banned from driving at any point during any course, any monies paid towards their course are non-refundable (g) It is the responsibility of the Trainee Driver to attend his/her training course on the dates provided. If the Trainee Driver wishes to change the agreed dates they must provide at least 21 days notice and pay the associated course change fee otherwise this will be treated as failure to attend and all monies paid towards that course will be forfeited (h) Whilst attending any course with One Way HGV or their Training Partners, the Trainee Driver must conduct him/herself in an appropriate manner. One Way HGV reserve the right to terminate a course without notice, should they, in their reasonable discretion, decide that a Trainee Driver has acted or behaved inappropriately, including but not limited to verbal and physical abuse towards One Way HGV staff, Training Partner staff or DSA staff. (i) One Way HGV reserve the right to update and/or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time — the Ts & Cs prevailing at the time of enquiry apply. Customers should visit DirectHGV.com for an up-to-date version of the Ts & Cs 2. Training with One Way HGV: (a) Provided the minimum Registration Fee (£100) has been paid, Trainee Drivers are entitled to a DSA Theory Test (1x Multiple Choice test and 1x Hazard Perception test) — One Way HGV will book and pay for this on behalf of the Trainee Driver. In the event of failing either element of the Theory Test, the cost of any subsequent Theory Retest(s) are the responsibility of the Trainee Driver — One Way HGV can book Theory Retests but a booking fee applies (Trainee Drivers should contact One Way HGV for details of these costs) (b) The minimum course length of a C or C+E course will be 17.5 hours (including the time whilst on test), which could be run between three and six days (c) A training day can start at various times throughout the day, with the Trainee Driver spending between 3.5 and 8 hours ‘at the wheel’ each day (d) Training may be carried out on a one-to-one (1:1) or two-to-one basis (2:1) depending on the training location (e) In the event of the training vehicle breaking down, One Way HGV will arrange for the Trainee Driver to have further training to make up for the lost time at a time convenient for the Trainee Driver and at no extra cost (f) In the event that a course is cancelled due to instructor illness, One Way HGV will rebook the course for an alternative date convenient for the Trainee Driver and at no extra cost (g) In the event that a Trainee Driver fails to complete or attend their course for whatever reason, including but not limited to certified sickness, then all course fees will be forfeited (h) The Trainee Driver will accept that if the LGV instructor believes that the Trainee Driver is not fit to take his/her LGV Practical test for reasons of safety, the Trainee Driver will be informed and the test re-scheduled at the Trainee Driver’s expense (i) Any complaints about the LGV course should be directed to Customer Services and preferably sent by Recorded or Special Delivery. One Way HGV will endeavour to reply within 21 working days (j) All Theory Test dates, course dates, and Retests will be confirmed in writing by One Way HGV or the DSA and sent via post, email or SMS. If no written confirmation is received please contact One Way HGV on 08000699280 without written confirmation of your course you have no proof of booking (k) Fast Track courses may in certain instances contribute towards Driver CPC Periodic Training — this depends on individual circumstance and, pursuant to clause 1(e) above, driving licence entitlements 3. Payment terms: (a) Course fees include a Registration Fee of £100.00 which is non-refundable unless the booking is cancelled within 7 days of the original payment (unless pursuant to clause 4(b) below). The Registration Fee covers 3 months access to an online Theory Test training tool, Theory Test fee, course registration, and DVLA licence and medical documents (b) Course fees vary — Trainee Drivers should contact One Way HGV directly for details of current course fees. Course fees will be guaranteed for 28 days from the date of first payment Any course taken under special offer will be only valid for 90 days if the course is not completed within this time then it is non refundable. (c) Course fees must be paid in full 21 days prior to the course commencement date (d) Trainee Drivers will only have course dates arranged when the course in question has been paid for in full (e) One Way HGV reserve the right to amend course dates without any financial penalty — appropriate notice will be provided (f) One Way HGV allows interest free deposit and part payments — upon making a part payment, a schedule of follow-up payments must be agreed which One Way HGV will confirm in writing. If a customer fails to honour his/her payment plan and a missed payment is not settled within 21 days, than all payments towards a Trainee Driver’s course will be lost and no refund is owed. If a Trainee Driver possessing a payment plan wishes to change a planned payment date they must inform One Way HGV in writing at least 7 days before the date of their next payment. Letters should be sent via recorded delivery for the attention of the Repayments Team at the address stated above. Changes to payment plans can only be requested once 4. Cancellation and refund policy: (a) Notwithstanding the remainder of Section 4, if the Trainee Driver cancels the booking within 7 days of paying the Registration Fee, then any monies paid will be refunded in full provided the Trainee Driver returns the Starter Pack in the same condition in which it was received and provided the booking was placed without face-to-face contact. Clause 4(a) is in accordance with the ‘Distance Selling Regulations, 2000’. Cancellations must be made in writing and sent by Recorded or Special Delivery to One Way HGV at the address stated above (b) The term ‘Course Bookings’ and ‘Booking’ applies to Trainee Drivers who have made a full or part-payment on any course sold by One Way HGV. In line with the Distance Selling Regulations, Amended 2005, if your online Theory Test training account has been accessed your training is deemed to have begun and the 7-day ‘cooling off’ period outlined in clause 4(f) no longer applies — any refund requests received within 7 days where a Theory Test account has been accessed will be subject to the deductions outlined in the remainder of Section 4 (c) All requests for cancellations must be made in writing and sent by Recorded or Special Delivery post to the address stated above. The timescale for refunds will begin from the proof of postage date on the letter as applied by Royal Mail (d) Once a cancellation letter has been received, One Way HGV will acknowledge this in writing within 4 working days. Further communication will outline the date and amount of any refund payment (e) Any approved refund will be returned to the Trainee Driver 28 working days from receipt of the request (see Clause 4(c) for clarification on when the timescale begins) (f) Refunds are subject to the following cancellation fees, based on the time between first transaction and date of cancellation request (these are in place as One Way HGV make block bookings for Trainee Drivers in advance of course dates): - Cancellation requests received 7 days or less after booking: no cancellation fee applies, though a £35 disbursement charge will apply - Cancellation requests received after 7 days: a cancellation fee of 50% applies - Cancellation requests received after 6 calendar months: a cancellation fee of 100% applies (g) Pass Protection policies are non-refundable (h) CPC Module 2 & 4 packages are non-refundable (i) Trainee Drivers can attend the course(s) they have purchased up to 6 months from their initial purchase date. Any driving courses not booked within 6 months of purchase will become null and void and no refunds are applicable. However, if the Trainee Driver contacts One Way HGV in writing before the end of the 6 month period they may still take their training course, but the current cost of training will apply and any additional fees must be paid together with an administration charge to extend the course for a further six months (j) If a Trainee Driver has had their course dates confirmed in writing (via post, email or SMS), no refund is available. If genuine medical reasons preclude the Trainee Driver from attending the course, then if possible, and on the production of suitable proof, One Way HGV will endeavour to re-book the Trainee Driver on other course dates if possible. This change of dates will incur a booking fee. Similarly, if a Trainee Driver has had their course dates confirmed in writing but then finds themselves unable to attend their course, it may be possible to rearrange the course but such a change will incur an administration fee — please contact One Way HGV for current prices (k) If a Trainee Driver has purchased a ‘Back-to-Back’ course (consisting C and C+E courses), the following terms apply: - Any cancellation of any element of the Back-to-Back course is subject to the terms of 4(e) and 4(f) detailed above - If the Trainee Driver has attended the C portion of their course, then any cancellation of the C+E course is subject to the same terms of points 4(e) and 4(f) above. The cancellation timescale in this instance will start from the date the Trainee Driver requests cancellation of their C+E course. The Distance Selling Regulations, 2000 will not apply in this instance, so the remaining course will be subject to a 50% cancellation fee - If the Trainee Driver has successfully completed the C portion of their course, the C+E course must be booked within 3 months of passing the Cat C course. Pursuant to clause 4(i) this can extend a customer’s overall contract to a total of 9 months, however if the C+E course has not been booked within 9 months of initial purchase the C+E course will become null and void and no refund is owed. The Trainee Driver may pay an administration charge to extend the C+E option for a further six months - Trainee Drivers are permitted to move monies originally earmarked for C+E courses to fund alternative training packages. Such changes are dependent on written permission from the trainee driver and will incur an administration fee which must be paid before the transfer can take place — please contact One Way HGV for current prices (l) If a Trainee Driver has purchased a Fast Track course, the following terms apply: - Fast Track courses are non-refundable. Trainee Drivers have places reserved far in advance - Once a Trainee Driver has received written confirmation of their Fast Track course they may change their course dates by applying in writing at least 21 days before the course start date. Such a change can only occur once and will incur an administration fee — please contact One Way HGV for current prices - Fast Track courses must be attended no later than 3 months after completion of the driving course — this can extend a customer’s overall contract to a total of 9 months, after which time the Fast Track course becomes null and void - Pursuant to clause 2(k) Fast Track may contribute towards Periodic Training, however customers cannot delay attending Fast Track because of issues regarding their licence and the associated entitlements thereof (m) Medicals: if a Trainee Driver fails their DVLA medical, and copies of the DVLA rejection letter are received by One Way HGV, then all course fees paid by the Trainee Driver are refundable (less the cost of any completed training). Important medical note: it is the DVLA not the examining doctor who decide the outcome of the medical examination. The Trainee Driver must return the completed D4 form to the DVLA, whose Medical Board review the submission and decide whether or not to grant a provisional licence. Correspondence from the examining doctor will not be admissible as evidence for a refund, only correspondence from the DVLA can be accepted (n) All refunds requested under Section 4 are subject to the Trainee Driver returning the ‘Starter Pack’ to One Way HGV in the same condition it was sent to the Trainee Driver (Starter Pack consists online Theory Test training account access info, 3 months access to an online Theory Test training account, D2 and D4 licensing forms). If the materials described are not returned as new, if the online Theory Test training account has been accessed, and/or if a Theory Test has been taken, then £100.00 will be deducted from any refund due — this is in addition to any cancellation fees outlined in 4(f) and deductions outlined in 4(g), 4(h) and 4(l). As the online Theory Test training account is set-up upon registration, in effect, any refund request received after 7 days will be subject to a minimum deduction of £100.00 (o) If your online Theory Test training account has been accessed, a charge of £100.00 will be incurred, whenever you cancel your course. This does not affect your Statutory Rights under the Distance Selling Regulations, 2000 5. Confidentiality and Data Protection: (a) One Way HGV will keep confidential any information which the Trainee Driver supplies to One Way HGV in connection with this agreement, with the exception of basic personal details which may be shared with Training Partners and potential employers as part of the placement service provided by One Way HGV (b) One Way HGV will be responsible for ensuring that the processing of personal data complies with the Data Protection Act, 1998 6. Other Terms: (a) This agreement is governed by English law. Both One Way HGV and the Trainee Driver submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts in relation to any dispute concerning this agreement (b) By paying the Registration Fee the Trainee Driver agrees to be bound by the above

WHOOPS!

Whoops Indeed.

You’d think they’d have the sense to proof read the whole way through :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Spelling is definately not their strong point. They do Category C but Catergory C and E

For a website developed at wix.com they might have considered using the built in spell checker.

Still nobody is prefect

John
Flair Training

Didn’t DirectHGV used to be Clearstone?

Too good to be true!

We are very disappointed with brokers esp FAST TRACK HGV. My husband was offered a lot of courses, mis sold him for these courses, took money from my husbands account without permission. this incident happened in july 2011, 2 training dates were offered but both cancelled coz one of the instructors was not available after it was confirmed to us, we asked for a refund, never received any letter, nor reply, then we booked another date, only to find out on the day itself, the instructor won’t give any training unless he receives payment from fasttrack which obviously they didn’t. i have been chasing harry, anisa, Eva (the rude one who doesn’t know how to speak proper English). but to no avail. we have sent a lot of letters to them about our refund but none until now. We have asked for our banks to do the investigation for us as this is clearly a misrepresentation of their courses, they said they have training centre in nottingham but they offered birmingham, took 1250 from my husbands account without his authorisation, until now no feedback whatsoever from them. We have asked for Citizens Bureau adviser/solicitor/lawyer to get our money back. people should be informed about this misleading broker company. When my husband was searching for a training company, no reviews whatsoever pop out on the internet. but now we found out, they have the worst customer service and properly ripping people off by not giving the refund back or you’ll definitely go a long process…However, we wont stop from getting our money back, it’s almost 3thou pounds that they took from us.

My husband had taken all his holidays because of the trainings they confirmed but nothing happened. Everything we have planned was ruined because of their broken promises. and guess what, we havent heard anything from them since last week when my husbands training was cancelled.

We are very careful now.

SimonB:
But the most worrying thing is that they refuse to take payments by credit or debit card

That is enough to tell you all you need to know.

The simple fact is that it is unlikely that more than one in four of five candidates is likely to find a job within seven days in the current climate, and there is no way that any LGV driving school could offer a five day course for £500, even with two candidates in a vehicle.

The link doesn’t work and looks like it may have been pulled by the ISP.

aa

Looks like their websites have disappeared, good riddance.