A95 grantown on spey

hi peeps do any one know of overnight parking in grantown on spey

as i might have to spend the night there next week
am hoping to get the job finished and run back to elgin or some where but thought i’d ask just in case

cheers in advance

Dont know about stops in Grantown mate, although there are a couple of decent laybys outside near river. I think lorry park (was either £5 or £10) is still open in Inverness with a half decent cafe. Free parking in Elgin outside council offices but no facilities. Lorry park (free) in Keith (signposted off A96), but again no facilities, hope this helps mate> jed

parking in grantown on spey, now if you are coming from aviemore then at roundabout take 1st exit and carry on into grantown, go straight through lights and through town centre, now when you see the police station on the left you turn right and on your right is the coach/lorry park/public toilets but residents do park there cars here aswell. a 5 min walk back to town centre and you got shops, hotels, banks, chip shops, offlicence etc etc.

coming from aberlour/rothes/keith/elgin, when you cross the river spey and come to the roundabout take the second exit, follow until you come to traffic lights and turn right here and you in middle of grantown see above for parking details.

coming from forres/nairn, after you have travelled over the scenic route called the dava (beware as there is a 15ft 6 arch bridge on this road) you will come into grantown, you will pass the hospital on your right, carry on and when you see police station on your right then turn left, please see above parking details.

now if for some reason you cant get parked here there is 2 laybys on the outskirts of the town,
layby no1; return into town centre and carry on through the lights and head for avimore, when you leave the town limits look on your right and there is a little layby there that will hold 2 artics.
layby no2; as layby no1 but go to the roundabout and take the first exit and 500 yards along on left is a offroad layby that holds 3 or 4 artics.

hope this helps anyone who has to n/o in grantown