A75 scotland 40mph!

Conor:

AndrewG:
Trip money is where its at. Theres an option at our place for employed drivers, paid hourly or per load. 95% choose the latter. Theres more of an incentive to get the job done rather than plobbing along at 40 wasting the day ahead. No one is taken for a mug as it benefits both drivers and the company. Drivers are looked after well with the tools for the job, R620’s and FH 500’s /540’s which are kept top notch by keen drivers who are also on a no dmage bonus scheme.

The more the bling the less the money. You keep believing you’re getting paid well. The only reason that you get an hourly rate approaching half reasonable is because of how much you chase around.

As for incentive, it isn’t an incentive to get the job done it is an incentive to run bent. That allows your boss to plan more work than he’d get done if everyone drove legally. I can’t believe how many drivers are so thick that they can’t see this. I bet your boss is absolutely ■■■■■■■ himself laughing. All he has to do is buy you a shiny motor, bung you a few quid, tell you he’ll turn a blind eye and he’s getting the job done for far less than it should be so he can stick it in his pocket. Only person winning is him.

I agree with Conor Andrew. Your boss must be ■■■■■■■ himself ( or should that be herself… :wink: ) I bet you paid for those shiny alloys yourself?

:grimacing:

Am lovin this thread, smiling to myself as I look out my office window right by the side of the A75. I can see and hear whoosh!!!. va va vroom!!! blurred liveries going past. and saying to myself “he,ll get nicked” “he,s for a fine”. btw there are no fixed speed cameras on the A75 only mobile ones peeking out of the unmarked dark blue beamers with the officers smirking and rubbing their hands awaiting their pickings… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

they could install a maximum of 8 cameras over the 97 miles and basically end 99% of trucks speeding between gretna and the ferry…makes you wonder why they dont.
it cant be because they would lose all the revenue from the traffic cars 24/7 ?

Just done a quick calculation for last trip I did paid trip money left the house 11 o’clock Monday morning back home Friday lunchtime worked out at £12.20 an hour, the wine money on top of that pays for a families of four weekly shop, drive a V8 620 yep I’m right there on paupers street, all legal too as an added bonus. First question off boss on return is “When do you want to go back out” all plant paid for so no pressure, two French trips over 8 days can clear just over a grand and a day of that is a 24 break not to bad considering agency in and around Rugby are still paying less than they did 10 years ago
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
although thats not an uncommon amount for wages not counting that 80 case of jp chenet can add another £500 if you only add on £1 a bottle to offload it every trip,then obviously you are mistaken and living in a fantasy land like myself.
conor the agency oracle has spoken otherwise so you ,i,and everyone else driving a decent truck have to be wrong.
your wages like mine are pish if only due to the fact your on trip dosh and have been given a truck to be proud of.
if only we all could be living in agency night trunk land that was sooooo cushy we couldnt hack it ,went to work in a factory to discover we couldnt hack that either,and slinked back to another plobber night trunk for another agency.
still,being able to pick and choose what agency,what shift,what style of work we could do from all the offers pouring in must make it quite a relaxing way of life to enable us to sit in a cupboard on our numerous days off and waffle pish to other anoraks and trainspotters via amateur radio…if only we all could be living the good life like that.
the best i can do it being a motorway stobart spotter…as im flying past them… :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Odd now that some facts and figures have appeared the Oracle has gone quiet.

I know nothing about the pay and conditions around Hull as I have never worked there so couldn’t possibly comment on what people may or may not earn there, perhaps Connor you could enlighten us as to which Irish firms (North or South) you have worked for recently to give you such as intimate knowledge of the terms and conditions of every Irish firm that runs a V8 Scania with a light bar fitted

Dont you mean how did he pay for those shiny hubcaps on his Iveco Stralis ?

i hope you have the patience of an oyster to be waiting on the enlightenment to be forthcoming.
he does profess to live next door to a drug dealer,so mabey its the crystal meth fumes are the cause of him spouting pish all the time.
we could always just read the book?? … :smiley:

CONORS ORACLE.jpg

dieseldog999:
i hope you have the patience of an oyster to be waiting on the enlightenment to be forthcoming.
he does profess to live next door to a drug dealer,so mabey its the crystal meth fumes are the cause of him spouting pish all the time.
we could always just read the book?? … :smiley:

Well at least living in Hull he won’t be kept awake by the gunshots when the local militia come put a stop to the dealing, living next door to a dealer in Derry could be classed as an occupational hazard should someone get their house numbers mixed up :smiley:

Conor:

Adonis.:

Dr Damon:
So I was right your wages are crap. :smiley:

You’ve been wrong with everything you’ve posted on this thread and you’ve kept it consistent.

Just got this weeks wage slip. Over 5 days I did 51.75hrs INCLUDING BREAKS so I actually only did 48hrs work and I got £599.25 making it the equivalent of £12.48/hr for the hours I actually worked and for that I wasn’t rushing around with my arse on fire cutting corners and stressing like hell sat on the limiter and raging at drivers doing the legal limit down the A75 like you are in case I didn’t make the boat. How many hours did you do and how much did you get paid?

Somehow I doubt that it even hit double figures as an hourly rate even with all the dodgy stuff you do.

I don’t count hours, I’m not hourly paid so why would I.

I don’t stress, petal, you might think I do because I tear past you but while you get all red faced and teary eyed about someone being better than you I’m having a laugh and enjoying myself, something you wouldn’t have a clue about.

It doesn’t matter what I tell you I make, You wouldn’t believe it anyway as it goes against your made up pish that mint motors mean crap cash.

All you need to know is I made your weekly wage by doing nothing more than buying some wine. Granted, that cash isn’t in the pocket yet, I’ll do the vino run on Saturday morning. I like to have some money for sweeties, ya know.

A.

the only way they would want to stop you would be if they wernt getting their cut.

dieseldog999:
they could install a maximum of 8 cameras over the 97 miles and basically end 99% of trucks speeding between gretna and the ferry…makes you wonder why they dont.

The “revenue” from the traffic cars goes to the exact same place that any fine from a camera would go to. :unamused:

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:

The “revenue” from the traffic cars goes to the exact same place that any fine from a camera would go to. :unamused:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

that being the case,then instead of having the traffic cars out entraping trucks 24/7 they would need to justify their existence by actually going out of their way to do their job of actually catching criminals,and that would never do…would it?

Adonis.:

robroy:
Like I said before, all this ‘‘Paddy Chique’’ stuff :smiley: , is like a throwback to the early 80s, when lads used to walk around with checked shirt, body warmer, 501 Levis, Clint Eastwood cowboy boots, baseball cap and shades, looking like Chris Kristofferson on his day off. :laughing:
Jeez…After reading that back, I’ve just realised I’ve never grown out of some of that after all :open_mouth: :blush:
:laughing: ,

I’d much rather be in designer jeans and check shirt than dirty trousers, stained threadbare jumper and a hi vis that’s been lived in for the past 6 years without a wash. Same as it’s occupant. Better not forget the cheap and nasty ■■■■ spec boots that have never seen a tin of Kiwi in their existence.

I don’t wear baseball caps or RayBans though :laughing:

A.

My Hamptons get a coat of parade gloss dark tan every week and they look good as new after a couple of years now. £175 spend wisely if the stuff islooked after and cared for. RM Williams just dont appeal to me tbh, they are a little on the expensive side and don’t do anymore than the hamptons i reckon lol

robroy:

Big Truck:

robroy:

Big Truck:
Never can understand WHY a driver will sit@ 40mph for 100miles Carlisle to Cairnryan,

It aint 100 miles though is it, there are m.way and dc stretches included.
I aint fond of the 40 limit either, tbh I don’t think any driver is, it’s 1970s stuff, especially now we’ve all got used to 50 limit in rest of UK.
I’ve already said I do not stringently stick to it being honest, but in answer to your question and speaking for myself … Some of us can’t afford to be selective of which law we decide to ignore whether we agree with that law or not, and speaking personally I prioritise my licence, and if I do end up getting points for running at 47/50 ish on there it will be my own fault, but it won’t be for trying to impress my boss, and helping his bank account by getting a [zb] load somewhere early, or bending over by trying to fit a planned by him16 hour day, in 13 hours. :bulb:

No M ways on 75.
4 stretches of dual road about a mile long each so 4miles total !!![emoji848][emoji848]

Don’t sit flat lit on 75 during the day 50mph and no bother from anybody,
Even Manfreight/McAlonan and the Tangs seem to sit happy enough behind when going West.

Going East is another story!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Don’t want to be pedantic mate, but I will be anyway :smiley: , Carlisle (starting point you mentioned)starts at the Fleece junction 42, then to 75 turn off theres a good 15 20 or so miles of Mway.

Just to be pedantic back at you.[emoji847]

Carlisle is the M6 and we’re talking about the 75.[emoji848]

dieseldog999:

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

that being the case,then instead of having the traffic cars out entraping trucks 24/7 they would need to justify their existence by actually going out of their way to do their job of actually catching criminals,and that would never do…would it?

Entrapment? Yes of course it is. :unamused:

Cameras don’t detect drunk drivers, uninsured drivers, dangerous driving and many other offences.

Think I beat you all last night:

“Handy Haulage no1 Drive” on salary but VERY handy shift if worked out hourly was £59hr into the bank!!![emoji4][emoji41][emoji106]

Empty trailer from somewhere to somewhere 54mile total,
YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!![emoji6]

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:

RoadsRat:

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Entrapment? Yes of course it is. :unamused:

Cameras don’t detect drunk drivers, uninsured drivers, dangerous driving and many other offences.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
quite right.
just think how many of those perpurtrators of evil would be caught by plod if they wernt creeping around bushes and laybyes on the 75 and surrounding areas waiting to milk the cash cow trucks.
they might actually be able to justify their existence that way by doing something useful for a change.
the 75 is the most truck unfriendly euro route in existence for no other reason than to hound trucks for revenue.
theres accidents on it same as every other truck infested road,but most of them wouldnt be from trucks travelling at 50+ mph.
id be sure theres more caused by trying to get past wazzocks doing 40 and the likes causing frustration and annoyance,hence the a9 being dragged up to 50 same as england.

Clear the decks,
About to head West down 75 in 5mins,
Will he or won’t he
"points mean prizes!!![emoji847]

Nice aul steak n ale pie mash/veg in stobartski Truckstop all the same!!![emoji108]

bit of an insult to stenas finest cuisine there…unless your being a right greedy git and having 2 teas?

God conor wont be back he gets paid less than the full time drivers at Howdens and he has said before he does go over A66 flat out at times.

Mazzer2:
Just done a quick calculation for last trip I did paid trip money left the house 11 o’clock Monday morning back home Friday lunchtime worked out at £12.20 an hour, the wine money on top of that pays for a families of four weekly shop, drive a V8 620 yep I’m right there on paupers street, all legal too as an added bonus. First question off boss on return is “When do you want to go back out” all plant paid for so no pressure, two French trips over 8 days can clear just over a grand and a day of that is a 24 break not to bad considering agency in and around Rugby are still paying less than they did 10 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
12.50 an hour for working 24 hours a day that sounds brill you won’t want to give up that because half of it is easy money when your just minding the truck
Keep it to yourself or you will have everyone after your job