A69

Can anyone tell me when the 69 was dualled round Corrbridge ? I’ve been away a long time. :blush:

Must be mid 70s at a guess Peter, that stretch has been dc since I started driving in 79 anyway.
When did you leave the UK?

However, away from Newcastle, the A69 has undergone numerous improvements since 1976. Corbridge and Hexham were by passed in 1977, Bardon Mill in 1984, Greenhead in 1986, the S2 section between the Corbridge and Horsley by passes was dualled in 1988, Brampton was by passed in 1991 and Haltwhistle was by passed in 1998. Only the section from Brampton to Carlisle remains almost the same as in 1976.
As taken from here
sabre-roads.org.uk/forum/vie … php?t=9495

That Greenhead hill when two way, used to be fun coming up fully loaded if stuck behind something like an old 180 Gardener. :smiley:

Old greenhead bank was a killer, you could grab another gear as it leveled a little 3/4’s of the way up.

Blow me yet another thread I’ve got suckered into under false pretences.

Dipper_Dave:

I saw what you did there! :laughing:

Dipper_Dave:

On the wrong website again :wink: :unamused:

Daveyandbev:

Dipper_Dave:

On the wrong website again :wink: :unamused:

I blame Tapatalk, never know which forum I’m on.
Just made a lengthy post about cleaning up load spillages on xhamster… no ones noticed yet so might get away with it.

So ramming it backwards with right hand hard down with your backdoor open is not for this site either then :open_mouth:

robroy:
Must be mid 70s at a guess Peter, that stretch has been dc since I started driving in 79 anyway.
When did you leave the UK?

I’ve always thought of you as my equal, but you’ve destroyed that now that I see you didn’t become a real man until '79. I’m so upset, I might put you on my block list. :wink:

Anyway thanks for the info’, we left the old dart in late '74 but have been back a few times for jollies. The reason I asked was that I’ve confused meself, not hard to do nowadays :blush: I got on google earth to look for a place on the 69 that obviously ain’t there. I was thinking that if you came up the 68, turned left on to the 69, then you’d find not far along, a small village with stone built houses on the left and, all on it’s own, an old toilet block on the right. This was all on a normal one lane each way road not far from Corbridge. Before anyone asks, I don’t know why tf I thought of this, probably early dementia setting in just before my 70th birthday. :slight_smile:

robroy:
That Greenhead hill when two way, used to be fun coming up fully loaded if stuck behind something like an old 180 Gardener. :smiley:

And what’s wrong with a Gardner 180 ? It’s better than being behind a 120. :slight_smile:

Thanks Dave and Bev. I’ll have a good read of that site and probably get lost in it for hours. I get lost quite a lot now, particularly when in the UK what with all the changes and my bloody memory.

Well I expected a reply from Uncle Rob or at least, his protege. :slight_smile:

peterm:
Thanks Dave and Bev. I’ll have a good read of that site and probably get lost in it for hours. I get lost quite a lot now, particularly when in the UK what with all the changes and my bloody memory.

Your welcome peterm, happy to help. Just on my doorstep that road.