A69 speed camera

Got flashed tonight by the speed camera on A69 west bound just before haltwistle the one droping downhill on left was doing about 45 im sure the cameras set at 60 there was a car bombing towards me not sure if that triggerd it any any ideas :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

swansea jack:
Got flashed tonight by the speed camera on A69 west bound just before haltwistle the one droping downhill on left was doing about 45 im sure the cameras set at 60 there was a car bombing towards me not sure if that triggerd it any any ideas :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I’ve got an idea you’re nicked!

swansea jack:

Were you in a car or truck?

The camera knows whether you are in a car (60mph) or an HGV (40mph) so never assume a speed camera is ‘set’ at any particular speed.

If its the camera coming down hill northbound and the big matrix sign flashes warning you - then im pretty sure that is a hgv camera. The police also sit in the street just off on the right to catch southbounders.

mickfly:

swansea jack:

in truck im busted buy the looks of it really anoyed with myself as im no speed freak never had points in 20 years just a moments laps

That camera is HGV sensitive so you should have been doing 40 but it has gone off when a car has been going in the opposite direction

If you do get a ticket see if you can go on the speed awareness course will save the point going on your licence & yep Northumbria Police run this course ( no I have not been on it but know several people who have )

animal:
That camera is HGV sensitive so you should have been doing 40 but it has gone off when a car has been going in the opposite direction

If you do get a ticket see if you can go on the speed awareness course will save the point going on your licence & yep Northumbria Police run this course ( no I have not been on it but know several people who have )

thanks animal

I think that camera is only set up for west bound traffic there are no markings on the eastbound lane, the camera on the hill at Greenhead is the opposite and there are only markings on the Eastbound carriageway.The two cameras near Low Row near the Shell garage work in both directions and are HGV sensitive.

animal:
If you do get a ticket see if you can go on the speed awareness course will save the point going on your licence & yep Northumbria Police run this course

My brother in law reckons they don’t, and he’s a traffic cop for Northumbria.

I’ll double check to see if that stance has recently changed.

Ken.

Quinny:

animal:
If you do get a ticket see if you can go on the speed awareness course will save the point going on your licence & yep Northumbria Police run this course

Ken.

My dragon done it only a few weeks ago & another mate done it middle last year ( on a sunday as that was the best day for him )

It could be that they have very recently changed this so I will stand corrected if so

Quinny:

animal:

Ken.

One of our lads got done with that camera last month.

he went on the speed awareness course and didnt get points , just a fine .

i think if the speed is way above 45 yer getting the points end off…

Thames trader:
I think that camera is only set up for west bound traffic there are no markings on the eastbound lane, the camera on the hill at Greenhead is the opposite and there are only markings on the Eastbound carriageway.The two cameras near Low Row near the Shell garage work in both directions and are HGV sensitive.

you cant get done with a Gatso that faces you .
all others are fair game .

just an update i did get caught doing 47 contacted northumbria police and have been given an option to take the speed awareness course suprised really as the truck was a road tanker carring hazadous cracking photo you can view it on line i do keep to the speed limits normally just a moments laps i was looking at the trail of traffic behind me in mirror flashing me to pass me as i wouldnt pull over

It says ERF not RAF:
The camera knows whether you are in a car (60mph) or an HGV (40mph) so never assume a speed camera is ‘set’ at any particular speed.

I always wonder:

How it distinguish between, say this:

this

?

The first is 3,5 t, the other can be 9 tons for example…

Is it reading it’s number plates and check against database?

orys:

It says ERF not RAF:

I always wonder:

this

?

Not sure, if it’s flashing HGVs straight away then it must do something else cause afaik the camera is just a camera triggered by speed, i can’t imagine it checking the registration of something going 45 miles an hour in millliseconds and then actually flashing it once it knows - must be something else.

orys:

It says ERF not RAF:

I always wonder:

this

?

It cant tell the difference, it uses the radar to work out the size of the vehicle, it would be upto the person who goes through the photos to identify that the vehicle might not be over 7.5tons, they might send you a letter asking you what the weight of the vehicle was

animal:

what happens on one of those speed awareness shows? is it 8hrs of blood and guts road accidents & A&E with interviews of people who survived?

swansea jack:

mickfly:

swansea jack:

in truck im busted buy the looks of it really anoyed with myself as im no speed freak never had points in 20 years just a moments laps

I think this accounts for most so called speeding offences.the problem is ,there is no grey area where the law i9s concerned , we are all potential killers.

I always thought these speed cameras distinguish between cars and trucks by weight, as you can often see a loop cut into the road surface near the camera
there is quite a few about and i cant see it being to much of a problem to distinguish cars/trucks as the m42 has this type of weighbridge in the road surface which vosa use and it can weigh each axle on a truck passing over it at 56 mph then they can pull you futher down for a check round.
the camera outside the belfrey is another, i think its getting to the point that you will have to treat all/most cameras this way as you just cant be sure
moose