A66 cumbria police

Are having another clampdown on bad drivers, operating on the A66 between Stainmore and Workington, they will be using an unmarked tractor unit, which I am led to believe , is a white Scania. supported by unmarked and liveried cars and bikes… So, behave yourselves and stay safe…

Trukkertone:
Are having another clampdown on bad drivers, operating on the A66 between Stainmore and Workington, they will be using an unmarked tractor unit, which I am led to believe , is a white Scania. supported by unmarked and liveried cars and bikes… So, behave yourselves and stay safe…

Atleast they are trying to do something to cut the amount of incidents.

they where in the layby at temple sowerby with it yesterday morning getting ready for action, wonder if it has the facility to be able to record your speed if its following you on a s/c ?

Eye They were at it monday, the scamera van, half a dozen bikes, 2 marked cars and more than likely some unmarked ones aswell! good job im one of them annoying drivers who sticks to the 40 limit (ish) on the singles :slight_smile:

Im back up there tomorrow morning for a trip to Cockermouth! if anyone sees an 8 wheel dry powder tanker marked up CPI Euromix then give me a wave!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

B…

Should hopefully net a decent amount for the Christmas party.

They are sat there now, A66 west bound operating from Penrith, to the end of the dual carrigeway. 1 unmarked black volvo, 2 bikes, 1 unmarked white scania tractor unit, 1 bmw X5 marked car, and a marked volvo :slight_smile: all westbound :slight_smile: take it easy fellas

B…

Alcpone:

Trukkertone:

You really believe an unmarked white Scania will help cut down incidents or prevent bad driving, how ?

there was a interview on local radio earlier in the week . it seems they want to see inside the cab (not possible sitting low in a car ) to spot people txting/phoning etc . apparently they ran a similar scheme last year and caught a driver watching a dvd whilst driving .I think common sense is the order of the day.

I always thought if the police were driving faster than the speed limit they had to have their blue lights going,so if they are in a unit and going past Hgvs that are doing the speed limit ain’t they breaking the law too■■?

obviously syromax isn’t a driver coz anyone that is has seen our east euro collegues watching vids etc it isn’t something new its been going on years what you supposed to do once auto pilot engaged feet up coffee on watch dvd

Bungle666:
Eye They were at it monday, the scamera van, half a dozen bikes, 2 marked cars and more than likely some unmarked ones aswell! good job im one of them annoying drivers who sticks to the 40 limit (ish) on the singles :slight_smile:

Im back up there tomorrow morning for a trip to Cockermouth! if anyone sees an 8 wheel dry powder tanker marked up CPI Euromix then give me a wave!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

B…

Were you using a Scania 124 for a while? I used to see that one quite often around the Kendal area

Mike-C:

Alcpone:

Trukkertone:

You really believe an unmarked white Scania will help cut down incidents or prevent bad driving, how ?

Anyone reading this is going to be extra vigilant, and if necessary adjust their driving accordingly, hence an improvement in driving standards.
The white scanny on it’s own, probably won’t have huge impact, but the operation will have a positive impact, and will keep doing so for a while to come, as it remains on peoples minds.
That’s how a lot of policing works nowadays.