A66 cumbria blocked 24/9/13

"A crash has occurred on the main A66, blocking the road.
The collision happened at about 0850 Tuesday, 24 September 2013
near Troutbeck.
Police say initial reports suggest two HGVs are involved."

" A lorry overturned after pulling out of a lay-by just before 0900." ? ? ?

update at 11.53am… BBC travel website

A66 ■■■■■■■ - A66 closed and delays in both directions between Slapestones Roundabout in Stainton and the A591 junction in Keswick, because of an accident involving two lorries. Diversion in operation - Eastbound traffic should follow the A591 North to Bothel then the A595 towards the A6 at Carlisle and vice versa for Westbound traffic.

basically between M6 J40 and Keswick

Police say only one vehicle involved, a tanker. Rolled over whilst trying to let an emergency vehicle past.

They’re also saying don’t use the B5305 (J41 to 595) as it’s unsuitable for HGVs? If you can get down and back up the near 1-in-6 hill at Sebergham, there’s nowt wrong with it.

nickb67:
Police say only one vehicle involved, a tanker. Rolled over whilst trying to let an emergency vehicle past.

They’re also saying don’t use the B5305 (J41 to 595) as it’s unsuitable for HGVs? If you can get down and back up the near 1-in-6 hill at Sebergham, there’s nowt wrong with it.

I think its more a case of they don’t want HGVs meeting head on at the narrow bridge and slope if they can help it. I know what its like when you meet Sealy bed’s wagons having a race down there in the early am, not pretty!

"A 43-year-old man from Manchester has been taken to hospital
after the lorry he was driving tipped over on the A66.
He was taken to Carlisle Infirmary for treatment, but it is
not thought his injuries are life-threatening.
■■■■■■■ Police now believe that the HGV tipped over after moving
to allow an emergency vehicle past."

anyone need adblue ■■?

made quite a mess there. just hope he is ok.

just need to in with me sponge and get some adblue :unamused: