A616 Holmfirth

Hi everyone, I need to get from Holmfirth to Manchester monday morning with a 16’ 3" high load
A 616 is obvious but has a 16’ bridge , the road between Holmfirth and Honley looks logical (A6024 ?) is it suitable for full weight artic or shall I just go to Sheply and on A629 ? Anyone got some local knowledge for me please ?
Thanks in advance, Jim

A6024 is weight limited between Holmfirth and the A628. with good reason, it`s hard work in a car.

just go back to j23 then head down the mway it might look longer on a map but in reality it isnt

what about the B6106 out of Holmfirth meets up with the A616 just after Hepworth then down to the flouch roundabout over the woodhead theres no weight limit on A6024 just really not a road to use unless you really have to

sorry forgot about the arch bridge, yes go back over top to 629 :blush:

Hi, born nbred in those parts, personally i would not go from Holmfirth to Honley in an artic. As has been suggested back to junc 23 and that way. There’s no low bridges or weight limits on the main road from Holmfirth through Huddersfield that i know of. Personal opinion and choice though.

BUT, if you do go to Honley do NOT head for Huddersfield that way,there is a very low bridge between the 2, and you definitley will not get under it.if you turn right at Honley you will go to New Mill and that will take you to Manchester, may take you longer though

wouldhe have to head for up out of Holmfirth on the greenfield road then turn right for meltham and run to Huddersfield that way

If he’s coming out of the centre, passed Noras cafe, top of the road turn right. Stay on that road. At traffic lights bear left onto 616, then turn right at a place called Lockwood Bar, thats still the A616, and follow signs for M62

Thanks for all your replies, I’ve just realised its a movement order job , just got said order and yes A629 then A62 ring road and then to j24 , why not j23 ? it’s more logical and movement orders have been wrong before, … And not ignored as such but maybe adjusted to suit circumstances
Degsy, it’s on the Woodhead road where I pick it up just out of Lane village, what a lovely road !
Jim

Jim, did you mean Outlane? You can get into Manchester by going through Outlane and over Pole Moor and just keep going, if you’re going on the M62, you should go through Salendine ■■■■, school on the left, about 3 miles up the road, a roundabout, M62 slip road in front of ya. Often classed as Outlane, but it’s actually Mount

degsy4wheels:
Jim, did you mean Outlane? You can get into Manchester by going through Outlane and over Pole Moor and just keep going, if you’re going on the M62, you should go through Salendine ■■■■, school on the left, about 3 miles up the road, a roundabout, M62 slip road in front of ya. Often classed as Outlane, but it’s actually Mount

No Degsy it’s definitely Lane, I usually come in from j39 thru Denby Dale Clayton west and thru to Holmfirth left at the hideous lights in the town and up the mountain nearly to Holme moss
Edit j39 M1

rrrr yes i’ve got where you are now…

where theres about 3 houses right in the sticks

its very small yes lofty, just after village is a narrow bridge then road goes round to right up the hill, theres a track just on the left thats where i pick machine up. Fog and rain didnt help this morning and plenty of snow still up at the car park on top where I turn round .
usually go back sameway as I came in but monday we are off to Manchester hence the request for information, thanks again
JIM