A59 Nr Harrogate

Anyone know about an accident last night on A59 Skipton to Harrogate. I was in a layby Nr Skipton when half a dozen ambulances flew past around 7.30pm. Then saw an air ambulance landing nearby, must have been bad.

Sounds more like an exercise at Minworth hill, nothing on the local news about an accident

Hay trampy was you on the A50 today,saw a truck that looks like you picture

malcolmgbell:

That ain’t his truck. Ripped straight from Google images under the “hull straw lorry” search images.

harrawaffa:

malcolmgbell:

That ain’t his truck. Ripped straight from Google images under the “hull straw lorry” search images.

Ha funny you should say that. Just been on the phone to my mate who is a regular on here and he tells me trampy and captain caveman are the same person!
How does that work?

Oh GOD, not this old chestnut again !!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

pierrot 14:
Oh GOD, not this old chestnut again !!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

It gets very boring, for the record, my truck is an old scania 143 V8 Heavy. Lovely truck and I will post some pics of it on “pics of my truck”

malcolmgbell:

I was on the A50 today but not in the truck picture on my profile. That is just a stock image

On the A59 again today, will be all week and look at this sign above a shop Nr Sowerby.
Fantastic in my opinion, stopped off to get a drink and couldn’t resist going in.

UKtramp:

pierrot 14:

It gets very boring, for the record, my truck is an old scania 143 V8 Heavy. Lovely truck and I will post some pics of it on “pics of my truck”

How can you have the same truck if

UKtramp:
I walked out of my job a couple of weeks ago and my phone hasn’t stopped ringing since. Registered with two agencies and have all the work I need. You will get something better, good luck and well done.

I don’t beleive that you are Captain Caveman btw, but you don’t help yourself when you post in a contradictory manner about yourself sometimes.

scottie0011:
I don’t beleive that you are Captain Caveman btw, but you don’t help yourself when you post in a contradictory manner about yourself sometimes.

I went back after I got short changed by the agency, I had a fall out with a guy in the office, I was called by the gaffer to come back and ignore him, so I did. I didn’t fall out with the gaffer or the job I was doing. A long story so I don’t tell anyone as it was a temporary fall out. Agencies were offering loads of work but I prefer farm deliveries so swallowed my pride.

UKtramp:
On the A59 again today, will be all week and look at this sign above a shop Nr Sowerby.
Fantastic in my opinion, stopped off to get a drink and couldn’t resist going in.

That shop is in Gisburn.

UKtramp:

pierrot 14:

Yeah, right, course you will :unamused:

tarmactipper:

UKtramp:

That shop is in Gisburn.

It is in Gisburn, I was delivering to a farm on Sowerby road which is just a bit further down the A59. I thought it was Sowerby as it is close by, all the farms I am delivering to are all close by to each other this week, Gisburn, Sowerby, Skipton, Pendle and Bowland. Last drop I have is Penrith then hopefully home, All lovely areas. No decent truck stops but the laybys all have great views.

GOG47:
Yeah, right, course you will :unamused:

I will do, I will smear out the company name and reg No. Its an old white Scanny with blue striping on it. Not every ones cup of tea but I like it.

scottie0011:

You make it sound like I post in a contradictory manner! :open_mouth:

Makes me smile every time I see your avatar Cavey … Hull city of culture 2017 :laughing: :laughing: Never used to see much culture in the Earl de Grey awhile back …

Captain Caveman 76:

scottie0011:

No no, not at all, well unless you are UKT and your trying to put us all off the scent lol

Captain Caveman 76:

scottie0011:

And me too!!!

UKtramp:
Anyone know about an accident last night on A59 Skipton to Harrogate. I was in a layby Nr Skipton when half a dozen ambulances flew past around 7.30pm. Then saw an air ambulance landing nearby, must have been bad.

Came through Harrogate on A59 at 7 this morning and there was a plumbers Astra-type van overturned in the ditch just west of the Old Spring Well roundabout (Junction with B6161). It looked like it had been heading down the hill into Harrogate. Police speed camera van just before the roundabout in the lay-by and another less than a mile up the road.
Sorry- no further details, couldn’t find any in local news. Looked fairly bad though.