A50 Stoke - M1 Truckstop. Where?

Sure i’ve seen signs for this at one of the round-a-bouts, (but think they’re only from one direction) never had chance to go and investigate.

Anybody know anything?

you’ve got the salt box cafe which is off the dove valley turn foston (a511) turn there and head for hatton or theres one down the a515 at the sudbury island follow signs for lichfield go over the narrow bridge and its on your left hand side.

both are about a mile from the a50 junctions.

the first one is here

and the secondhere

there also building a new extra service area at the island with toyota factory (a50/a38) which could be open after xmas

Could it be Donnington Park services,just off the M1 between junctions 23A and 24?

The saltbox is good but not all that big for hgv parking,id quess about 40 trucks.Also its yrs. since ive been but it used to shut at 7pm.

Thanks for the replies guys. I know the Saltbox, that’s been a stop for many years. Correct, not much parking and always closed when i pass.
I used to pass it regularly on a saturday morning a few years ago on a run to LIttlewoods at Branston.

Jonboy, i think it might be that one on the A515 (excellent maps by the way).
I remember the sign i used to see when heading west did point left from one of the round-a-bouts.

Anybody know anymore about it?

Name?
Cafe opening hours?
Bar?
Or pub in walking distance?

Not been in years , can’t remember much about it .

Not much in the way of walking distance pubs either , and the road is unlit with no pavement .

I’d stick with the Saltbox and use The Kestrel pub over the road .

Driveroneuk:
Thanks for the replies guys. I know the Saltbox, that’s been a stop for many years. Correct, not much parking and always closed when i pass.
I used to pass it regularly on a saturday morning a few years ago on a run to LIttlewoods at Branston.

Jonboy, i think it might be that one on the A515 (excellent maps by the way).
I remember the sign i used to see when heading west did point left from one of the round-a-bouts.

Anybody know anymore about it?

Name?
Cafe opening hours?
Bar?
Or pub in walking distance?

it sits at the back of the texaco station, used to be called pj,s. carefull if you go in truck park at night because there are no lights. can take about twenty trucks.
open 7.30 closed 10.00 pm. does some cracking meals at resonable prices.
free shower if parking overnight. dosent have a bar but they used to sell bottles and cans.

havent been in for a while but can wholly recommend it.

D1UK the cafe your on about on the A515 is P.J’s it has parking for 25 trucks @ £8 per night , food , male & female loo’s, same for showers and bunkered fuel. I got this info from the highways agency truckstop guide 2006. i think you should be able to pick one up some where on your travels

Cheers mike aka lobo loco

Lobo Loco:
D1UK the cafe your on about on the A515 is P.J’s it has parking for 25 trucks @ £8 per night , food , male & female loo’s, same for showers and bunkered fuel. I got this info from the highways agency truckstop guide 2006. i think you should be able to pick one up some where on your travels

Cheers mike aka lobo loco

try highways.gov.uk/knowledge/13659.aspx