a50 layby bump

did anyone else see the collision in the layby west bound a50 just past the willington turn off ?. I was travelling east @ 3.15 pm yesterday when I spotted a white 7.5 t box swing sharply into the layby (far too fast imho) ,he straightened up (heading directly at a parked artic) then veered right /left weaving and finally ploughing n/s front of his cab into the o/s rear of the trailer in a cloud of debris. as I went past the driver was looking shaken/dazed . hope the damage was limited to the vehicles only.

Did you not stop?

There was an Artic sitting in a layby this morning with his back end hanging off & a load of debris on front of him, in that area, looked like the driver was sitting in the cab waiting for ‘Assistance’

switchlogic:
Did you not stop?

^this.

:cry:

switchlogic:
Did you not stop?

dowahdiddyman:

switchlogic:
Did you not stop?

^this.

sorry ,im afraid I didn’t . I was well passed before that thought even crossed my mind. shock I suppose . not much of an excuse but that’s just how it was . hope both parties were ok ,anyone know the out come ?

syramax:

switchlogic:
Did you not stop?

dowahdiddyman:

switchlogic:
Did you not stop?

^this.

sorry ,im afraid I didn’t . I was well passed before that thought even crossed my mind. shock I suppose . not much of an excuse but that’s just how it was . hope both parties were ok ,anyone know the out come ?

To have stopped on the east bound c/w, would have caused even more mayhem, I passed it just as the unmarked police cars arrived, the driver of the 18t Glasdon rigid was already leaning against the fence with his head hanging in down in the “WTF” position, his side of the wreck was the only part not totalled from what I could see, it was in the first lay-bye w/b after the A38, oppo Toyota…

He hit the trailer with some speed, as it completely wrecked the DAF rigid, and, the trailer was pretty much VORd aswell, he ended up level with the drive axle of the unit IIRC, I had a very good view of it, as it is on a straight piece of the A50 without too many distractions, most people passing it on my side of the carriageway were oblivious to it, it was the blue flashing lights in the grill of the unmarked police cars which caught my eye from quite a distance, hence the good view :wink:

Quick CSI thought !

Wonder if the sun was in the driver’s eyes ?

I saw a Securicor van drive straight into the front of a container trailer once that was parked up in a yard, sun was in his eyes about 09.00 on a winters morning !

nah…probably thought it was the exit slip

commonrail:

specsavers.com if he did :blush:

Stanley Mitchell:

commonrail:

It was thought that is what caused the accident about 3 weeks ago when a couple were killed near Chellaston A6 exit.

But yes specsavers and concentration may have saved them

Wheel Nut:

Stanley Mitchell:

commonrail:

It was thought that is what caused the accident about 3 weeks ago when a couple were killed near Chellaston A6 exit.

But yes specsavers and concentration may have saved them

that was at 20:50 hrs EAST bound, the sun sets in the WEST! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: