A50 Accident

Travelling on the A50 towards Stoke just after Uttoxeter, say this accident. Hope the driver is OK.
(Got the picture off my dashcam)

It would be interesting to know did he really need to be out there on a bank holiday , was it part of his shift pattern , not allowed a holiday , or was he chasing the £££££& when a nice long weekend would of been more benefit to him , catch up on sleep , just relax
Maybe I’m totally wrong & he was cut up / mechanical fault , hopefully hes ok whatever , but there doesn’t half seem a lot of drivers who put ££££££ before anything else , health seems well down there list of priorities

Transit had broken down with a puncture and was waiting for a tyre fitter. Lucky he wasn’t already there changing the tyre .

dozy:
It would be interesting to know did he really need to be out there on a bank holiday , was it part of his shift pattern , not allowed a holiday , or was he chasing the £££££& when a nice long weekend would of been more benefit to him , catch up on sleep , just relax
Maybe I’m totally wrong & he was cut up / mechanical fault , hopefully hes ok whatever , but there doesn’t half seem a lot of drivers who put ££££££ before anything else , health seems well down there list of priorities

There is no legal entitlement to bank holidays off.

shullbit:

dozy:

There is no legal entitlement to bank holidays off.

BH is just classed as a normal working day for us, therefore we have to book it off. We get well paid for it, but my main reason for working them is so I can take my holidays when I want to.

I just treat yesterday like I would have any other Monday

dozy:

maybe he was a young man starting out on the path of married life, remember how it was? bills mortgage, kids, i remember when me and my wife didnt have a pot to pish in… in them days if offered double time for a bank holiday i would of snapped there hand off but by the sounds of it you never had any financial hardships… talk about preaching smugness eh

dozy:

Maybe he’s on the bottom step of the agency ladder doze so was working back holiday for extra brownie points & to get a little toe on the next step :wink:

dozy:

What a complete weapon you are Dozy, you don’t have talk a lot of spuds

We always worked Good Friday as like many quarries etc it saved messing up two seperate weeks, and life does have to continue on other bank holidays as locally hardly any shops were closed on monday and things in town seemed just like any other day so deliveries still have to be made.

Pete.