A5 Watling St, Flamstead

Well I had the most unfortunate pleasure of parking there last friday for my mandatory daily break after doing an exhausting 15 hour day, most of it stuck on the M25. I pulled in at 1850, grabbed a parking space, there was plenty, and ran over to the garage to grab some cash out. When I got back to the truckstop at 1905 I walked up to the door to go and pay for parking, only to find the door locked and the girl rapidly ushering another driver out shouting to me that they was closed. When she opened the door I pointed out to her, politely I hasten to add, that the sign clearly states 1930 as thier closing time. I got the mandatory grunt and the door was rapidly slammed in my face. She then ran through to the kitchen and out the back door to lock the toilet/shower block up tighter than “Fort Knox”, her mate then joined her and as two of us shouted what about paying for parking got told, in no uncertain terms to “[zb] off!”

It then took another 30 minutes for the old man to turn up for us to be able to pay without the risk of getting clamped. The thing that annoyed me the most was the fact that there was nowhere available to get a hot meal or shower, and the state of the toilet that is to be used I wouldnt even let a personage from a 3rd world country use it. The second thing that annoyed me was the fact they still had the audacity to charge me and the other driver £12 to park, I know you get a £5.50 meal voucher valid for 3 months but that is beside the point. If thier attitude has gone that bad then I dread to think what the food is like now.

I’m sorry, but that is one truckstop I will never visit again, even if I’m tight on time I’ll over run to Toddington MSA or even park up at Markyate Ind Est. Atleast with either of them two I know I can get a hot meal, even if I have to cook one myself.

I’m even going to send this into T&D Letters.

Good on you Jeff Might be worth rining and given them ear ache in the morning and ask them for some of ur money back

Might be worth doing a bit of research … good old Google (other search engines are available :laughing: ) find who the owner is, and write a letter marked for their personal attention. If you phone up … might get the silly **** you met last night. :unamused: