A483 Builth Wells

Morning guys, I’m heading from Pembroke to Runcorn via the A483, noticed on my way down this morning that the A483 is closed through Builth Wells because of flooding on Broadway next to the car park by the river. When I was passing through Beulah I noticed the diversion sign looked to take you up the B4358 from Beulah to Newbridge on wye. I know it’s the sign posted diversion but there’s a 7.5 tonne weight limit accept for access sign. Just wondering if anyone has been this way before and knows what the road is like?
Will be heading back that way later with a loaded tank, so was just curious to know if I will come across any nasty surprises?

Thanks.

Road seemed fine to me last time I used it ,iirc there was a steep bit by the quarry turn off ,why not run up the coast to Aberistwatch ?

The B4358 Beulah to Newbridge before the 7.5 weight limit was the by pass for Builth .The road is narrow in places but the main thing about it its a rollercoaster road lot of steep hills up and down You may be able to use it if Builth is flooded I only used it in a 26 ton rigid when empty never liked the road

Punchy Dan:
Road seemed fine to me last time I used it ,iirc there was a steep bit by the quarry turn off ,why not run up the coast to Aberistwatch ?

Never even gave that a thought, will have a look now, much different distance wise?

other way A40 to Brecon then pick A470 follow that through to Builth Wells that ok road or Brecon follow road signs for Leominster then Craven Arms to Shrewsbury